New Bloc Party album this Thursday?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what's going on with my credit card at the moment so I don't want to charge it right away...but I get the impression that the bundle will be $30 after the pre-order period? Will I be costing myself $10 by not doing it before then?

Upon first listen the guitar at the end sounds badass. I need to listen to it properly as opposed to shitty laptop speakers though, so I'll do that a bit later tonight

Thanks for the heads up. :up: This is awesome. I thought they'd only be releasing the new album next year.

I agree with my initial evaluation - the guitar at the end is badass. It'll take a few more listens to really get into this song, I think. I'll probably just wait for the album. It's only a couple days :wink:

upon further listening it definitely reminds me of Hunting for Witches

but that guitar at the end is just something else

I'm loving the fuzz effect

this album is going to be interesting for sure

So what time do you think this will be available tomorrow? UK time?

Ares was cool, will have to listen to it more to determine how much I like it

I've come to enjoy Mercury...a lot

Halo...holy shit, this song is awesome. Probably the heaviest and most energized Bloc has ever been!!

I've only had time to listen to a couple songs, but I've liked them all. Look forward to listening to the entire thing at work today. :up:

Edit: So far, I've REALLY liked Halo and Biko on the first half of the album.

Wow, Zepherus is very interesting (is it Zepherus or Zephyrus? it came up as the former on my iTunes...)

Haha, the download file is with a "y", but it comes up with an "e" in iTunes. I switched it to the "y" version.

One Month Off is pretty old school BP-ish (mixed with the new, of course). I approve :up:

I liked it, but I didn't like how it didn't really go anywhere guitar-wise (same riff over and over and over) and the "big build up" was just that same riff in the background while the production synths got louder and were the actual buildup. I was expecting an actual post-rock-esque guitar explosion, not a synths added by the producer getting louder. Regardless, I still liked the song quite a bit and think it's a goodie.

I liked it, but I didn't like how it didn't really go anywhere guitar-wise (same riff over and over and over) and the "big build up" was just that same riff in the background while the production synths got louder and were the actual buildup. I was expecting an actual post-rock-esque guitar explosion, not a synths added by the producer getting louder. Regardless, I still liked the song quite a bit and think it's a goodie.

you just suck the fun out of songs.

fun sucker :angry:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom