New Arctic Monkeys album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spun the debut a few times when it came out and just didn't enjoy it at all. Looks like it's time to dive back into it.

A friend whose opinion I really respect told me to go for it again since he is loving Humbug. This is the same guy who got me into YACHT, Cut Copy, Phoenix, and many others. He's got good taste.

Well shit, man. Maybe you should just go with Favourite Worst Nightmare to start, since you've already heard the debut. If you remember, the debut is pretty much just a punk record...albeit with some very clever lyrical witticisms.

On Favourite Worst Nightmare, they fleshed out the music a bit more (got a new bass player)...it's darker, heavier, and a better produced record, too.

And that has been pushed even further on Humbug. Although I'm biased, of course. I love everything the band's ever done. So, yeah. Good luck anyway. I hope you dig em more this time around.

It's solid. I still like their debut more, but Humbug's a good album and shows their progression as a band.

I listened to most of it again.... Not bad, but I've heard much better from this year. It doesn't grab me like their older stuff.

I was just going to peruse this thread since I'd ignored it for awhile... can't wait to take a listen!

Hmm, someone sent me the album yesterday and I listend to it a couple of times, but I must say I'm not convinced. At this moment I think Crying Lightning is the best track on it, IMO. There are some tracks that seem to grow on me but the rest .... I don't know. I think I enjoyed their previous work a lot more. But maybe I'll change my mind with time. Nevertheless I've ordered the CD and will give it some time.

No clue, but it did come out today. I haven't listened to either of the first two albums in ages, not sure if I'll get this or not.

I'm pretty sure no one is going to know what's at your Target without calling or going.

My Target has George Foreman Grills though. I know because I bought one there. :wink:

I want to like this album as much as the older ones. So much so that I'm going to buy it today. But so far my thoughts are that it's too mid-tempo and/or slow-burn.

I preferred their second album to the debut, does that change your opinion on whether or not I should get it?

It's closer to the second album than the first in style and tempo. Personally, I would consider that a negative, as I really liked their early sound, but no doubt this is yet another step away from it. If you dig that, Humbug will probably do it for you. I wish the album was stranger, actually.

Back
Top Bottom