New Arctic Monkeys album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I saw those. That little organ or keyboard or whatever in Pretty Visitors is awesome. :up:

The first single is Crying Lightning. I have to say, again, I'm just a bit disappointed by that. I've been well familiar with the song for months now and, although I like it, it doesn't seem like a very strong single candidate. I just kinda wish the lead single was one of the songs we hadn't heard. Anyway, this is the single cover:

ams_cryinglightning.jpg

The positive is that it's getting its radio debut on Monday the 6th on Zane Lowe. So we will be hearing a brand new, studio recorded Arctic Monkeys song in like 5 days!!!

Crying Lightning is fucking awwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeesome! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Just debuted on Zane Lowe. And you can download it on iTunes at midnight. Holy shit, it's amazing.

I really like it. Seems like a good progression for them, but it still got that quirkiness of their previous stuff. I was really surprised by the vocals, but in a good way. I love the little guitar solo too :up:

btw martha, i dont' know if you've been, but the palladium is a pretty small place. i'm sure you'd still be able to find a decent spot even if you show up a little late and can't fight the stupid pushy teenager crowd.

I love the Palladium. I saw the Arctic Monkeys there last time, but I was so damn sick that I didn't enjoy the show as much as I should have. I like to go upstairs where I can see a little better.

Keep talking; you're talking me into it. :yes:

I nominate Crying Lightning for song of the year and, the way things are shaping up, there's a good chance I'll be nominating Humbug for album of the year as well.

So I've got My Propeller... and I think it's pretty special. Got a bit of a resigned, melancholic vibe about it, real stoner rock shit, and Alex is the bloke I want to be. :up:

I can't wait for this album.

My Propeller sounds nothing like anything they've done before. The kids sure have come a long way from "Still Take You Home." It's amazing, really. Reminds me a bit of Pixies, and yeah, it has that stoned vibe. I need to give it a few more listens, of course.

The album really does feel like it could be special. And here's the video for Crying Lightning. It's funny. Monkeys on a boat. Giant Monkeys coming out of the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1TNAojWeg8

right now, it's my propellor, crying lightning, secret door, cornerstone, dance little liar, and pretty visitors. so there are only 4 tracks left. how frustrating.

Yup, it's gonna be right up there for album of the year for me as well. Crying Lightning is a great lead single, and I looooove My Propeller, Secret Door, and Cornerstone. Cornerstone is probably my favorite track so far. Pretty Visitors is very heavy and very "full on" (to steal a phrase from Matt Helders), but I think I prefer the other four tracks more at this point. The sound quality on the copy of Dance Little Liar that I downloaded was atrocious so I only listened to it once and will wait for a better and proper version.

We've still got Dangerous Animals, Potion Approaching, Fire and the Thud, and Jeweller's Hands to look forward to. As well as the bonus track Sketchead. And then there are rumors that the album will also come with a couple of other bonus tracks as well. Plus potential B-Sides to Crying Lightning? We're just getting started.

And I'm seeing them live at Lollapalooza in like 10 days.

Cornerstone may be the best thing Turner's ever written. Dance Little Liar is fucking terrific too. Pretty Visitors rocks the fuck out, Secret Door is lovely, My Propeller is a top opener, and well, Crying Lightning is great as we all know. Very much looking forward to the 4 tracks to come - 3 of which I know very well already. Really interested to see what Fire and the Thud has become, plus I'm dying to hear a studio Dangerous Animals and Potion Approaching. I'd also like to know what the fuck The Jeweller's Hands is all about.

We can also look forward to, as you said, Sketchead, plus the Japanese bonus tracks, Red Right Hand (a Nick Cave cover) and an oddly-titled I Haven't Got My Strange. Yeah. Plus the b-sides we should expect in the future from Crying Lightning and subsequent singles... what a time it is to be a Munkeh admireh.

Just found this thread / heard this news and all I can say is "Hell Yeah!" Saw them on the last tour and I thought they put on a very tight show - almost wanted them to fuck up a bit.

Going to itunes / look for tour dates now.

eta: big ol' BOO! They're not even coming to my state! :angry:

Back
Top Bottom