Neko Case - Middle Cyclone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you are going to really like it. It was decent the first time I listened to it but the more I listen, the more I like.

DECENT? I just spent $8 on DECENT? You said it was really good. Really good is a lot better than decent. I hold you personally responsible for my $8 even though I could have had it for free.

I'm actually liking it a lot. Doesn't feel as complete as Fox Confessor, but it's infinitely more accessible. I'm not sure which direction I like more. That said, some songs are definitely immediate standouts:
"This Tornado Loves You"
"The Next Time You Say Forever"
"People Got a Lotta Nerve"
"Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth" (unsure about the lyric, but the melody kills)
"Magpie to the Morning"
"Don't Forget Me"
"Red Tide"

Overall, I think the album begins and ends in a stronger place than its middle section.

I'd call it better than decent. It convinced me I should try my best to go see her when she's in town next month.

I left my Neko Case in the car and am too lazy to go out and get it. But I liked the first 3 songs I heard on the way home from work.

I was surprised to find the CD on track 6 when I got in the car this morning. I thought I only heard like 3 songs yesterday. Those songs are short! I really like what I'm hearing. Not as enchanting and love-at-first-listen as Fox Confessor but still really good. It seems like her vocals were more upfront on Fox Confessor, which was one thing I loved about it so much. She has a calming effect on me.

I just got 4th row center tickets to see her at a 500-seat theater here. I had no idea she was scheduled until I got a reminder email from a mailing list I'm on about an hour before tickets went on sale. I can't believe she's playing this tiny college theater, or maybe she's not as well-known as I assumed she was. Anyway, I've missed every NM show she's ever done so I'm happy to finally see her.

Back
Top Bottom