Name the album you just bought, part whatever + 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found a new place to buy used vinyls, which means it was a good day.

For $28 I got this haul:

Dire Straits - Dire Straits
Squeeze - East Side Story
The Marshall Tucker Band - The Marshall Tucker Band
Elton John - Elton John
Icehouse - Icehouse
Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority
Marshall Crenshaw - Marshall Crenshaw
Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns
Blade Runner OST
Spirit - The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks
Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy

All used:
Anouk - Hotel New York
The Jayhawks - Blue Earth
Jay-Z - American Gangster
Sinéad O'Connor - So Far... The Best Of
Transvision Vamp - Pop Art
plus 2 singles by Jeff Buckley with some extra live tracks.

Tori Amos - Under The Pink
Bettie Serveert - Oh, Mayhem!
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts
Trixie Whitley - Fourth Corner

Newer stuff:
Push the Sky Away - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Regions of Light and Sound of God - Jim James

(It's apparently a great season for "headphone albums," with m b v and Amok on top of these)

Also picked up a used copy of:
Your Funeral ... My Trial - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Newer stuff:
Push the Sky Away - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Also picked up a used copy of:
Your Funeral ... My Trial - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

I'm still on a massive Nick Cave kick, so I heartily approve of these :up: (though early Nick Cave isn't my favourite period of his, though The Firstborn Is Dead is an excellent album).

I'm still on a massive Nick Cave kick, so I heartily approve of these :up: (though early Nick Cave isn't my favourite period of his, though The Firstborn Is Dead is an excellent album).

I agree, actually. Your Funeral... is probably the only one of the first four albums that I like a lot, though all of them have some tremendous tracks. Tender Prey is where it really starts to come together for me, although as I've gotten older "Up Jumped the Devil" has started to grate on me; it's Nick Cave trying way too hard to be Nick Cave, if that makes any sense. As I posted in the Nick Cave thread, though, there's something about the streak of albums that runs from Let Love In through the new album, Nocturama excepted, that is jawdropping. I would really start that with The Good Son, but I get bored with a few bits of Henry's Dream.

I took a stack of vinyl in for trade tonight. Now some vinyl-loving youngster will have a better life.

Anyway, I picked up the following with some of my trade-in credit:

Atoms for Peace--Amok
FIDLAR--s/t
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds--Push the Sky Away
The LSO and some singer-types-- Die Walkure (Can one have too much Wagner? I'm beginning to think maybe not.)
Deryck Cooke--An Introduction to Der Ring, etc etc.

I agree, actually. Your Funeral... is probably the only one of the first four albums that I like a lot, though all of them have some tremendous tracks. Tender Prey is where it really starts to come together for me, although as I've gotten older "Up Jumped the Devil" has started to grate on me; it's Nick Cave trying way too hard to be Nick Cave, if that makes any sense. As I posted in the Nick Cave thread, though, there's something about the streak of albums that runs from Let Love In through the new album, Nocturama excepted, that is jawdropping. I would really start that with The Good Son, but I get bored with a few bits of Henry's Dream.

Your Funeral is a great album. I haven't dug back any further than that because, well, I hate the Birthday Party. I think they're shit. Anything approaching that stylistically is not going to work for me.

So, uh...this is where I meant to post this. I accidentally put it in the albums you just listened to thread.

:shifty:

Used:
Led Zeppelin - IV
Tindersticks - Simple Pleasure
Tindersticks - Waiting For The Moon
Chris Whitley - Living With The Law

New, after their concert:
Claw Boys Claw - Hammer (12"+ 10" vinyl + CD!)

Caveman - Caveman
The Besnard Lakes - Until In Excess
David Bowie - Next Day
Benoit Pioulard - Hymnal
Rodriguez - Searching for Sugarman
Lisa Germano - No Elephants
The Raveonettes - Observator
BRMC - Specter at the Feast

1705.jpg

vinyl:
destroyer - this night
big star - nothing can hurt me