Name the album you just bought, part whatever + 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laura Cantrell - Not the tremblin' kind
Paul Simons - So beautiful or so what

ordered:
Gretchen Parlato - The lost and found

faith no more:
the real thing
angel dust
king for a day, fool for a lifetime
album of the year

at Borders yesterday:

Vivaldi--Eleven Concertos (I don't recognize any of the performers, but I don't care. Can one have too much Vivaldi?)

V/A--Here Come the Nice: A Mod Soundtrack (It came with the issue of Uncut. It's a bunch of soul music from the '60s.)

Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
Four Tet - Rounds
Four Tet - Pause
Trentemoller - The Last Resort
dEUS - In A Bar Under A Sea
Sigur Rós - Takk...

Picked up Ride's Nowhere (Rhino reissue) tonight on vinyl for $10. They left off the last three songs of the album - including Taste, which hurt my feelings - but I was excited to get it.

51gJyv0v-5L._SS500_.jpg

They weren't left off, they were actually never on the album. Just bonus tracks on some cd versions.

They weren't left off, they were actually never on the album. Just bonus tracks on some cd versions.

Wow, thanks for the info. I didn't believe you, so I went behind you; wikipedia says you're right. :D I always thought "Nowhere" killed the album... at least that was the album as I knew it.

FWIW, I've got the cassette I bought in 90/91 (as soon as I could locate the album in rural Tennessee after hearing Vapour Trail on 120 Minutes), and it's got the 3 questioned tracks, so I have to think that the American releases had them from the beginning.

That totally changes my impression of the album. Knowing that, if they would have booted "Here and Now" and "Nowhere", and mixed in "Unfamiliar" and "Sennen", that would have been an unstoppable album for me. I can't think of any band whose b-sides have captured me like Ride.

dEUS - In A Bar Under A Sea

:up:
That is an amazing album. I'll be seeing them again in 2 1/2 weeks (at the Lowlands festival)! :hyper:

During my US trip I went a bit wild at Academy Records in NYC and Princeton Record Exchange in (duh) Princeton:
Beyoncé - I Am... Sasha Fierce
Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Emmylou Harris - Spyboy
Live - Throwing Copper
Morphine - Cure For Pain
Primal Scream - Dirty Hits
Prince - Chaos And Disorder
Suzanne Vega - Songs In Red And Gray
Tom Waits - Bone Machine
O.S.T. - Across The Universe
O.S.T. - Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark
plus also the single Loser by Beck (for the B-side MTV Makes Me Want To Smoke Crack)
:drool:

Back
Top Bottom