Name the album you just bought, part whatever + 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doves - kingdom of rust, but the good people of play sent me 'Ultimate Euphoria 3' or some s**t instead!!!!! :doh:

I'm so sorry for you. But you'll definitely enjoy the record when you get it sorted out, #2 for 2009 for me behind NLOTH.

Bell X1 - Blue Lights on the Runway (awesome package art)
M.I.A. - Kala
Mew - No More Stories...

These both arrived today.

Shearwater - 'The Golden Archipelago' (Deluxe Edition)
Surfer Blood - 'Astro Coast'

Amália Volta a Cantar Frederico Valério, Amália Rodrigues, 1982
amalia_fado.jpg

Amália Rodrigues a.k.a. Asas Fechadas but commonly knows as O Busto, Amália Rodrigues, 1962
disco_5.jpg.jpg

The American Dollar - Atlas
The Kissaway Trail - Sleep Mountain
Frightened Rabbit - The Winter of Mixed Drinks

Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave
INXS - Shine Like it Does: Anthology 1979-1997

The latter of these, the two disc set, I got brand new for $6.98. Supermarkets around here sell discount CDs - I may go back for Dylan's Bootleg Series (No Direction Home) and several early Cure albums, each again $6.98.

Shout Out Louds - 'Work'

Apparently Amazon was trying to make up for my last comment, as this arrived in less than 24 hours. :huh:

Tonight I was reminded that a big music story was having an evening sale for their members (and yes, I am one). A quick look on their website revealed that they had the new Ella Fitzgerald Twelve Nights In Hollywood boxset on sale. Apart from it being hard to get for a while, that one is usually also priced above what I would pay for it. But this time the price was right. :)

In the end, I left with:
The Byrds - There Is A Season (boxset)
Ella Fitzgerald - Twelve Nights In Hollywood (boxset)
Randy Newman - Guilty: 30 Years Of Randy Newman (boxset)
O.S.T. - Standing In The Shadows Of Motown (deluxe edition)

plus two CD singles:
Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away (with as B-side their cover of Air's Sexy Boy :ohmy: )
Franz Ferdinand - Eleanor Put Your Boots On

Not a bad haul and quite worth the quick trip to Amsterdam. :happy:

pre-ordered:
Natalie Merchant - Leave Your Sleep special edition (Limited Edition Natalie Merchant Signed Print , Leave Your Sleep Audiophile-Quality MP3)

pre-ordered:
Natalie Merchant - Leave Your Sleep special edition (Limited Edition Natalie Merchant Signed Print , Leave Your Sleep Audiophile-Quality MP3)

Do you like her solo stuff a lot? I LOVE/D 10,000 Maniacs but could never really get into her solo work. That being said, I'll still check out anything she puts out.

Do you like her solo stuff a lot? I LOVE/D 10,000 Maniacs but could never really get into her solo work. That being said, I'll still check out anything she puts out.
I prefer her solo stuff
I feel she's getting better with age

I would buy anything she releases if only because of her voice though

These arrived before I left for work:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - 'Beat the Devil's Tattoo'
Frightened Rabbit - 'Winter of Mixed Drinks'

Amazon screwed up again, and Broken Bells isn't going to show up at my place until tomorrow or Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom