Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
00010903-175481_400.jpg

:rockon:

NOW, compare the new one to this.

And Songs for the Deaf is just so fucking good.

Alright. I did my patriotic duty this afternoon at Virgin. Most cds are 50% now, so I got most of what I waited for, and a few I didn't know I wanted.

Stevie Wonder--The Definitive Collection
Last Shadow Puppets--The Age of Understatement
Eagles of Death Metal--Heart On
Does It Offend You, Yeah?--You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into
Fela--Original Sufferhead/I.T.T.
Mogwai--The Hawk is Howling
Madlib:The Beat Konducta--WLIB AM: King of the Wigflip
Issa Bagayogo--Mali Koura
VA--The Roots of Chicha: Psychedelic Cumbias From Peru

i'd have something to post here, but apparently you can't apply giftcards to online newbury comics orders. lame. :down:

The Gaslight Anthem really reminds me of The Bouncing Souls in a way.

One of the main reasons I recommended them to you was because I knew you also were a Bouncing Souls fan. :up:

Alright. I did my patriotic duty this afternoon at Virgin.

Mogwai--The Hawk is Howling

I salute you, your country salutes you, and Batcat salutes you.

i'd have something to post here, but apparently you can't apply giftcards to online newbury comics orders. lame. :down:

No more excuses.

First CD purchase of '09 today:

51egsAGS5hL._SS500_.jpg

gaslight and the souls do have that ringing guitar sound in common...must be a jersey thing. :up:

hey mofo and digi, you heard about this one song a month thing from the souls? something about 3 4-song EPs for those who'd rather own physical copies of their music?

So, I went to the local grocery store, ShopRite to get milk and found this in the $6.99 bin:

48932d7f70020

Björk - Post (Surround sound cd/dvd 2006 edition with a bunch of bonus videos)

I had all the hits from it but now I have the full album.

So, I went to the local grocery store, ShopRite to get milk and found this in the $6.99 bin:

48932d7f70020

Björk - Post (Surround sound cd/dvd 2006 edition with a bunch of bonus videos)

I had all the hits from it but now I have the full album.

:drool: :up: Possibly my favorite Bjork album. It always vacillates between this one and Homogenic, but usually Post takes my top spot for Bjork.

glasvegas - glasvegas

i was going to get some other stuff, but our newbury comics sucks and didn't have any of those other things in stock. i figured i could order them, but chances are i'll probably be in cambridge sooner than i'll be back in amherst. :grumpy:

whining aside, i think i like the glasvegas album waaaaaay more than i should.

glasvegas - glasvegas

I tried to find this on Tuesday, but the store I went to didn't have it.

I did finally see the Murmur special edition though, but it was friggin' $30. I don't know if I want to spend $30 just for the bonus disc, the album doesn't need remastering to my ears.

Aren't you in LA, Fitz? Why are you going to Best Buy?! That's where us hicks go.

:wink:

:lol:

Actually, I'm in Orange County, which is not quite L.A. Now that Tower and Virgin are gone, Best Buy is really the only place to "physically" shop for cds, other than places like Target. :|

There is Second Spin in Newport Beach, but I go there mostly for their kick-ass "used cds" section.

:sad: The demise of music stores. :down:

gaslight and the souls do have that ringing guitar sound in common...must be a jersey thing. :up:

hey mofo and digi, you heard about this one song a month thing from the souls? something about 3 4-song EPs for those who'd rather own physical copies of their music?

no - what is this that you speak of?

I tried to find this on Tuesday, but the store I went to didn't have it.

I did finally see the Murmur special edition though, but it was friggin' $30. I don't know if I want to spend $30 just for the bonus disc, the album doesn't need remastering to my ears.

:down: i drove an hour to newbury comics to get it, and then griped on the drive home about how much my newbury comics sucks, how i'd rather just drive the 2 hours to cambridge now and cd shop. :shifty: then i come on here and rememeber that as much as my local cd stores might annoy me, it gets worse. when i moved there 10 years ago, amherst and northampton, MA used to have three awesome record stores apiece. amherst had their new england-based chain in newbury comics, they had amazing and awesome used music store mystery train, and then they had a indie/folk/blues/jazz mecca in for the record. i only ever bought one cd at for the record (fugazi's 'the argument' ), but got only knows how much money i've spent in the last decade at newbury comics and mystery train. over in northampton you had b-side records, dynamite records, and turn it up. turn it up was by far the best, and still is (or was a month ago when i last went there) one of the best used music stores i've ever gone into. another place i've spent tons of money, as well as tons of time hanging around listening to stuff. that's where i got into the clash and the pogues. b-sides had a great punk rock selection. dynamite was good, but their prices were a little higher. they had an awesome vinyl selection, though.

both b-sides and for the record are gone. both mystery train and dynamite have moved up the road in their respective towns to spaces 1/3 of the size they used to occupy (and with 1/3 as much of a record selection as you can imagine). they're ghosts of the greatness they used to be, and that kills me more than the other places going out of business. there was an independent film festival that rolled through here not too long ago, and one of the films was this movie this kid made called "i want that record--the decline (or possible survival) of the independent record store." decent documentary, but depressing as hell.

anyway, i'm going to be late for work...i think we'll be watching hi fidelity tonight.

murmer doesn't need to be remastered. i imagine that if i listened to a brightened-up and cleaner version i'd be a little bummed out about that slight bit of murkiness in the original recording. it goes with the songs. not that i have any idea what the remaster sounds like or anything, but if ever since that stiff little fingers remaster screwed up "nobody's hero" i've been warry. that bonus disc looked cool, but not for 30 bucks, no way.

I haven't stopped yet. :reject:

Virgin's last day is Sunday, so I hit them baby one more time:

65daysofstatic--The Distant and Mechanised Glow of Eastern European Dance Parties (which appears to be some sort of ep/single) ($2.60)
REM--Accelerate ($3.80)

And then Borders gave me a coupon for 5 bucks off so:
Black Keys--Thickfreakness ($5.38)

:shrug:

Arular - M.I.A.
Duruflé Requiem & Quatre Motets - The English Chamber Orchestra
Who Killed Amanda Palmer - Amanda Palmer (Finally have it in hard copy)
Blue Bell Knoll - Cocteau Twins

Zavvi, not yet in administration :drool:

no - what is this that you speak of?

THE BOUNCING SOULS

Twenty Years with The Bouncing Souls: He Who Laughs, Lasts…

2009 is slated to be an important and busy year for New Jersey natives, The Bouncing Souls. They are celebrating 20 years of vibrant, silly, heartfelt punk rock, with plenty of special treats in store for fans old and new. It may be true that the music industry has gone stale in the past 20 years, but the Souls, never a group to pay any mind to the world of music or its vacillating trends, have set out to prove that they still know how to kick up some dust.

It was almost 16 years ago that The Bouncing Souls put out their first album on their very own Chunksaah Records, and in a true return to the DIY spirit in which they began, The Bouncing Souls are self-releasing a new song every month of 2009 on Chunksaah! Songs will be released as digital downloads first, and for the all the folks who like to collect stuff, every 3 months a 7” will be released compiling 4 new tracks each onto loveably palpable vinyl. The first song will be released January 1st and it’s called “Gasoline”. Happy New Year everybody!

:drool:

i haven't heard the new song yet.

61Obri3-90L._SS400_.jpg

They were also giving away copies of the 'A Snowflake Fell (And It Felt Like A Kiss)' EP by Glasvegas. Do you need one, IWB? I grabbed 2.

Glasvegas_snowflake.jpg

61Jk8%2B8aijL._SS500_.jpg

This Los Campesinos! EP was used, so I got it for the killer price of $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom