Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgin is still slowly closing the store in Orange, so now cds are 30% off. Still kinda pricey, but I found a few. Once it goes down to 40%, I'll have more to report.

Virgin in Ontario is closing as well. I read that the company will eventually close all its store, including Times Square, and just operate the one at Hollywood and Highland. Sad.

I bought the new Fall Out Boy on Tuesday. :heart:

I read that the company will eventually close all its store, including Times Square . . .

:sad:

Wow. That really sucks. Yeah, their prices were crap on stuff you can get at Best Buy or Target, but for anything even remotely non-big name they were great. You'll never be able to just browse through Best Buy or Target and find some gem like the deluxe 2-disc version of Pulp's "Different Class".

(Oh, and to keep on track, for Mike and for my Dad for Christmas I just bought - off Amazon, looks like I'll be doing this a lot more nowadays -

Mike

Brazilian Girls - New York City
Friendly Fires - Friendly Fires

Dad

U2 - Rattle and Hum
U2 - Achtung, Baby

:)

)

BobMarleyLive.jpg

Went up across the border today with the pound at an all time low everything is super cheap plus Zavvi (formerly Virgin) were having a closing down/clearout sale

awinehkt0.jpg
amy+winehouse+back+to+black_855_18059397_0_0_12512_300.jpg

takk.jpg
FlamingLips.jpeg.jpg

0001039332.image
Bob%20Dylan%20Time%20Out%20Of%20Mind.jpg

blue.jpg
Miles%20Davis%20-%20Kind%20of%20Blue.jpg

maximo%20park.jpg
4_25401t.jpg

853645_CD_L_F.JPG

All of those for 50 euro :)

frank black - frank black
muse - black holes and revelations
the outlets - the outlets rock 1980

Fitz, how's the new Eagles?

And I love love love the No Age record. :drool:

Martha, it's the first EODM album I've ever heard. (I actually wanted Death By Sexy for the song 'I Want You So Hard', which I heard on HBO's "True Blood" and loved! But my parents got me Heart On instead. :shrug: ) I like it. Very rocky and catchy, but then they mix it up w/ some modern arrangements. On some of the songs the singer reminds me of Mick Jagger and on some he reminds me of David Byrne. :lol: I've listened to it about 1 1/2 times so far, but I'm digging the EODM so far. :D

And I'm looking forward to the No Age album. I really love 'Eraser' and I've heard tidbits and smatterings of the rest, so I'm sure I'll love the whole thing.

Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball

:bow: :love:

I splashed out today in a used record store in Amsterdam. Concerto definitely is the place to be!

Ella Fitzgerald - The Cole Porter Songbook, Volume 2
Ella Fitzgerald - The Irving Berlin Songbook, Volume 2
Ella Fitzgerald - Wishes You A Swinging Christmas
Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Ella And Louis
Prince - Lovesexy
Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Mavis Staples - We'll Never Turn Back

And tonight at the Claw Boys Claw concert I also bought their debut album, Shocking Shades Of Claw Boys Claw, as it finally saw a CD release. After 25 years. :eek:

My last purchase of this year? :hmm:

Roosbeef - Ze Willen Wel Je Hond Aaien Maar Niet Met Je Praten

Interestingly, as the release date of this CD was moved forward (from mid-January to mid-December), it already has a (c) 2009 copyright.

Leonard Cohen - New Skin For The Old Ceremony
Elkie Brooks - The Best Of
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Prokofiev (Lorin Maazel) - Romeo and Juliet (Ballet In Four Acts)
Roxy Music - The Collection

Zavvi going into administration :drool:

I'm not sure what you do or don't have, but I think any (or all :wink: ) of the following would suit a drive home well:

Fleet Foxes - self-titled
The Gaslight Anthem - 'The '59 Sound'

So I bought these two, the others were not stocked where I went. After listening to both of them for a few days now, I can say I really like both selections.

The Gaslight Anthem really reminds me of The Bouncing Souls in a way. I think this is a solid album the entire way through. A good recommendation and album.

Fleet Foxes has really surprised me. I was not sure what to think after sampling a few tracks on youtube, but decided to purchase the album, and it has really grown on me. I am finding that after a few listens its more than half over before I know it. There are aspects of it that remind me of My Morning Jacket crossed with someone I have yet to put my finger on. Its a very unique album and I really like it.

I'll have to pick up the others this week. My pledge for 2009 is to get back on track with music, so hopefully I can return the favor.

OK, now the year is really over for me. And just before the end of the year, this arrived on my doorstep:

Prince - 21 Nights (a photo book about his residence in London last year, including a compilation of his aftershows: Indigo Nights)

The cd with 21 Nights is a bit... meh. I had hope it would be a few tracks from the actual O2 shows - not the aftershows.

Anyhow I just grabbed 'Tumbleweed Connection by Elton John :drool:

I keep forgetting how fucking awesome Elton was/is. I'm thinking I'll grab a copy of 'Caribou next. I'm going through an EJ completist phase right now. It is all consuming.

Also I had a downloaded incomplete copy of Darren Haye's 'The Tension And The Spark' - so I finally grabbed a copy and I must say it is truly an overlooked masterpiece. 'Darkness', 'Unlovable', 'Light', 'Void'... dark, dark, dark but awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom