Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for music for Christmas from anyone who asked me for recommendations, and I'm pretty psyched with my gifts:

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted
Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On
REM - Reckoning, remastered, deluxe
The National - Alligator

I asked for music for Christmas from anyone who asked me for recommendations, and I'm pretty psyched with my gifts:

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted
Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On
REM - Reckoning, remastered, deluxe
The National - Alligator

That's a fan-frickin-tastic haul. :up:

Shearwater - Rook

Cos oneblood told me to, and I do what she says.

I most definitely need to be in the right mood for it, but I liked it a lot.

This was one of Imperor and my fav's from last year as well. Deal with that, NSW. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!

Shearwater - Rook

Cos oneblood told me to, and I do what she says.

I most definitely need to be in the right mood for it, but I liked it a lot.

Damn right you do.

And, yes, that's my feeling as well. It's certainly a winter album for me. Or nighttime. But, definitely not one that I can throw on any old time and enjoy.

And, Scumbo, you can stop crying to the Okkervil muses now, since I (fucking finally) bought Black Sheep Boy: The Definitive Version on vinyl. Hooray for Christmas money!

And, Scumbo, you can stop crying to the Okkervil muses now, since I (fucking finally) bought Black Sheep Boy: The Definitive Version on vinyl. Hooray for Christmas money!

I will do the peanut butter jelly time banana dance in your honor tonight!

Speaking of the greatness of holiday present money, I just purchased the Raekwon album with cash from my 78 year old grandmother, as I'm sure that's exactly what she would have wanted me to get. :wink:

These were Christmas presents. Thank you Mom and Dad (and my Amazon wishlist):

Federico Aubele - Amatoria
U2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (single)

I will do the peanut butter jelly time banana dance in your honor tonight!

Speaking of the greatness of holiday present money, I just purchased the Raekwon album with cash from my 78 year old grandmother, as I'm sure that's exactly what she would have wanted me to get. :wink:

Yesssss! Next time, video and/or photographic evidence of said dance would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

I bet she'd love to hear about all of the coke-laced, criminal, and bitches and ho's stories Raekwon tells on that album...or maybe not. :lol: Glad you did end up buying it though!

Randy Newman - Sail Away
Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends

Two of my all-time favorite albums on vinyl, for five bucks. :up:

if FYE is closing, i must take a trip over to east longmeadow for some sales...only time i imagine that place won't be ridiculously overpriced. plus, there's some decent chinese food in that plaza.

:hmm: I've never been to my local FYE store, but I'll drive by to see if they're closing. I scored big time when Tower was closing.

Everything is currently 50% at my local FYE. They aim to have the store emptied by mid-January with the deepest discounts happening the last week. I've been scouring for Deluxe Editions, Boxed sets, etc.

I'll definitely check it out again. I also scored heavily at the Tower close-out. Unfortunately, FYE doesn't have the same selection. :huh:

51tPMbQ2KnL._SS500_.jpg

remastered, deluxe

FYE wouldn't be closing if their prices weren't so high. Anyway, I don't think that all the FYE's are closing.

Thanks to Christmas gift cards and FYE going down:

The Unforgettable Fire Remaster (Box Set)
All That You Can't Leave Behind (With a second disc with just "Summer Rain" on it? :huh: )
I've never heard of these U2 fellows before, but I'm sure I'm going to dig this.

Also:
Ke$ha - Animal
An Ultimate Dance Party Greatest Hits Set
Our Lady Peace - Spiritual Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom