Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Horrors - Primary Colours

Randomly got this off a Rate Your Music recommendation, and...well I definitely am not regretting it.

:up:

i am enjoy this as well.

I just listened to their debut as well, out of curiosity, since everyone is saying the two sound extremely different. I didn't care for it AS much, but they're definitely getting better.

i'll buy the first two, i think. i can't afford it :lol: i earn a little over 100 a week and i drive to uni and :blahblah:

I hear you, Danny... problem is, I still buy albums too often. Guess you could either look for part-time, or limit it to one album a week or two, or maybe, er, keep doing that awful klepto thing what you're doing and don't bring it up here. No jury in the world will convict you!

Except NSW.

well, this is the "Name the album you just BOUGHT ..." thread
generally speaking you have to offer something yourself when you buy something
should this logic have changed then let me know cause I know someone with a Porche I'd like to 'buy' from him

Everyone who's posted purchases on this page has made good ones. What's the deal with that?! :wink:

the who - quadrophenia. i realize i'm way behind on making this purchase, but i could never seem to find it. ran into a copy at the used record store, that made me quite happy. quadrophenia > tommy by a mile. miles and miles and miles and miles...bad joke intended.

joy division -best of. somehow i missed re-release super-deluxe album re-issues, and somehow i also overlooked the fact that the only joy division tunes i had obtained over the years were a handful of miscellaneous songs and a random bootleg of a show from 1978. a friend of mine from work pulled their name out of his ipod hat in an attempt to try and stump/introduce me to something he thought i might not know (ha! i showed him!), so the last week i've been catching up on the getting-into-the-band stuff i sort of started but never finished a while back.

those two things have been pretty much what i've exclusively been listening to the last several days. i'm a cheery motherfucker, i tell you. nothing but sunshine and happiness coming out of my speakers.

i'm a cheery motherfucker, i tell you. nothing but sunshine and happiness coming out of my speakers.

:lol:

Good purchases though. :up:

V/A - Strips In Stereo
This one was released in 2006 but I saw it in the record shop today for cheap. Fourteen Dutch & Belgian comic artists interpreting a Dutch or Belgian song. With a CD containing those classic songs. Looks quite good. :)

just grabbed a hard copy of the Felice Brother's "Yonder is the Clock" down at the corner record exchange

these guys have got to me among one of the best up and coming bluegrass/folk/jam bands at the moment, and their live acts really put you back :hyper:

I've always found the group to have a uniquely imaginative wit in their songwriting and, their exploration of traditional folk instruments like the washboard (what a sound!) and accordion give them a charm that's rare to find in modern independent music.

the who - quadrophenia. i realize i'm way behind on making this purchase, but i could never seem to find it. ran into a copy at the used record store, that made me quite happy. quadrophenia > tommy by a mile. miles and miles and miles and miles...bad joke intended.

:up::up::up: glad to hear :D quadrophenia is fucking incredible.

:ohmy: No one has bought an album for over a week?!?! :shocked:

:tsk:

The music industry is certainly suffering... :sigh:

So I did my duty:
Bob Dylan - Tell Tale Signs: The Bootleg Series Vol. 8

Highway61.jpg

All on vinyl:

Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Okkervil River - Don't Fall in Love with Everyone You See
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight single (first pressing, from 1979! :hyper: )

:combust:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom