Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Darkness is a true classic. Good purchase Scumbo. :up: (I was trying not to jump on the calling you Scumbo bandwagon, but I've caved)

Anyway, please tell us what your favorite songs on Darkness are once you listen to it.

51rZwOvuykL._SS500_.jpg

:rockon:

As Supertramp once called their album, Crisis? What crisis?

Finding on my doormat today when I got home from work:
The Cars - Heartbreak City
Alice Cooper - School's Out

And buying after the excellent concert of Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest tonight:
Kyteman - The Hermit Sessions (the super-duper-muper special edition gift-box-thingy)

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Real Emotional Trash

Both on vinyl. :drool:

I got an email yesterday stating I could pick up my reserved copy of Pearl Jam's Ten Deluxe Box Set at a special price. So I went to Amsterdam to pick that one up. While in Amsterdam I also made a stop at my favourite used record store. And left with:
Jimi Hendrix - Blues
Los Lobos - Kiko
Massive Attack - Protection
Prince - New Power Generation (single)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking The Girl (single)
Spinvis - Dagen Van Gras, Dagen Van Stro

The Decemberists - 'Hazards of Love'
Mastodon - 'Crack the Skye'
Mono - 'Hymn to the Immortal World'
Fever Ray - self-titled

They're holding a few other things at their location that's closer to my house as well, so you haven't seen the last from me in this thread for today.

PEARL JAM - TEN - REISSUE - DELUXE EDITION :drool::drool::drool:
The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love :drool:
Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
Super Furry Animals - Songbook: The Singles, Vol. 1

The first two are the most beautiful things I've bought in a while. And I'm really looking forward to hearing those last two, based on recommendations by some of the fine people on this very message board.

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - self-titled
Dan Deacon - 'Bromst'
Radiohead - 'OK Computer - super fancy deluxe reissue' - 2 CDs + DVD

last time i went to boston i made a stop in cambridge at what used to be one of my more favorite newbury comics locations...only to find it's been turned into a CVS. :sad:

We don't have those in Utah. Even legal drugs are illegal.

Seriously though, CVS isn't out this way.

Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy + Appendix
Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Dr Horrible Soundtrack + DVD

This almost makes up for being Canadian. Almost.

I watched Dr. Horrible when it was up for free on their website. I've wanted to see it again, but I don't know if paying for the DVD will be worth it to me or not. I find that Felicia Day chick oddly attractive in everything I see her in.

I watched Dr. Horrible when it was up for free on their website. I've wanted to see it again, but I don't know if paying for the DVD will be worth it to me or not. I find that Felicia Day chick oddly attractive in everything I see her in.

There are two commentaries - one of them they sing the whole way through, sounds interesting. They are apparently going to make another one at some point as well.

If you haven't already checked it out, I can't say enough good things about The Venture Brothers btw, seriously funny stuff, I bet you would like it :up:

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

Let me know what you think, I'm liking it quite a bit for being a "solo side project" type thing.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'It's Blitz!' (Deluxe Edition)
Peter Bjorn and John - 'Living Thing'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom