Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I got the living shit cracked out of me at the chiro this morning, so I stopped by Fingerprints on the way home.

The Who--Live at Leeds deluxe edition
The Dictators--Live New York New York
Beatles--Please Please Me
V/A--Rumble & Scratch Capitol Blues Collection Sampler

Finally bought:

Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Radiohead - In Rainbows

Both are excellent. In fact, Viva is beyond excellent!

Oh man, I got the living shit cracked out of me at the chiro this morning, so I stopped by Fingerprints on the way home.

Martha, where do you find the time to listen to all that music you're purchasing? Could you please share the secret with me. As, well... There's so much great music out there, how can I listen to everything? And how can I listen to everything well?

BTW, you had a valid reason to shop. I like to think I had too. Today I went to see an exhibition in Amsterdam about relation between Amsterdam and the House of Orange (the royal family). Quite interesting, as there always has been a kind of love/hate relationship between the two.

Afterwards I hit the CD shops, both new and used:
Miles Davis - Birth Of The Cool
Destiny's Child - The Writing's On The Wall
dEUS - In A Bar, Under The Sea
Doe Maar - Doris Day En Andere Stukken
V/A - The Complete Motown Singles Volume 1: 1959-1961

I got some discount coupons, so that Motown boxset was thankfully a bit cheaper (though still quite expensive). I might return soon as I have some more of those coupons.

And oh, while no albums, I did buy two music DVDs too:
Prince - Sign O' The Times
Standing In The Shadows Of Motown

:drool:

Now, can someone give me some more time, please? :)

Martha, where do you find the time to listen to all that music you're purchasing? Could you please share the secret with me.

I don't have time. I have a short commute, and I'm getting a bicycle for it soon.

I try to listen to an album (or part of one) every morning at the gym, and when the kids leave in the afternoon, I crank up the tunes.

So many records go unlistened to for too long. :reject:

Thank God for summer road trips. :up:

I hear ya both on that. I've actually tried to push back the amount I buy a little so that I can get better acquainted with things, but something seems to always get less attention than it deserves. I try to force myself to listen to everything at least twice before I move it out of my "new" pile, but I know I have at least one I bought last year that still hasn't even been listened to once....

Oh well, the artists, labels, and/or stores generally deserve the money. I already have something in mind that I may stop and get today...

I don't have time. I have a short commute, and I'm getting a bicycle for it soon.

I try to listen to an album (or part of one) every morning at the gym [...]

So many records go unlistened to for too long. :reject:

Sounds familiar... Only switch the try to listen to an album in the morning with trying to listen to an album in the evening.

I hear ya both on that. I've actually tried to push back the amount I buy a little so that I can get better acquainted with things, but something seems to always get less attention than it deserves. I try to force myself to listen to everything at least twice before I move it out of my "new" pile, but I know I have at least one I bought last year that still hasn't even been listened to once....

I've been trying to push back on the amount I buy for a few years now. And every year I've been buying more. :uhoh: I also try to listen to everything at least three times before moving it out of my 'new pile' (once on my computer, once on my stereo and once in the car, though I won't put boxsets and audiophile releases in my car). But yeah, it can take a while before I've gone through my pile. About 24 CDs are waiting to be listened to on my home stereo... :reject:

I notice when I slow down on buying things from "new" groups I don't know, i just end up buying more of the back catalog from artists I already like. Oh well, I at least admit that I have an "addiction", and I'm probably not going to do anything to fix it. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom