Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tegan and Sara - The Con
The Chemical Brothers - We Are the Night
Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails
Jimmy Eat World - Clarity
Jimmy Eat World - s/t
Stars - Nightsongs
N.W.A. - Greatest Hits
Tori Amos - In the Springtime of His Voodoo (single)

I've been hitting ebay a lot lately. Even with sthipping, all of these probably only cost me what two or three CDs would regularly. Recently I picked up:

Sonic Youth--Rather Ripped
The Nels Cline Singers--Instrumentals
The Geraldine Fibbers--Butch (for a penny :drool: )
The Geraldine Fibbers--Lost Somewhere Between the Earth and My Home
Carla Bozulich--Red Headed Stranger

I also got a copy of Nels Cline's New Monastery when I was ordering something else from the Wilco online store.

Also bought Tegan & Sara - The Con. It's growing on me and shaping up to be one of their best. :yes:

(I'm seeing them in October - row 7, baby!)

Bonochick said:
I am loving this album so much, it's way beyond expectations. :heart:

I thought it was a strange little album at first, but it sure has grown on me. I can't stop listening to it. My favorite songs are The Con, Nineteen, and Like O, Like H. :love:

The Autumn Defense - The Autumn Defense. Pure beauty. Side projects from Wilco members tend to be great!

COBL_04 said:
Hunky Dory - David Bowie

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Enjoy those, Daniel! Do you have PF's Animals yet? I gave that another listen tonight, and I'm quite certain that it's my favorite PF album now (that, or Meddle). So underrated.

Thanks man. A brief review will be up soon in the PF thread if you're interested.

No I don't have Animals yet, but I will be getting it. I had a look at the PF thread and saw how everyone rated the albums, and it seemed the general concensus centred around five albums: Dark Side, Animals, Meddle, Wish You Were Here and The Wall. I came very close to buying The Wall. So I think I'll get those five and that'll be it for me. Meddle is the only Barrett album of that group, yes?

COBL_04 said:
Thanks man. A brief review will be up soon in the PF thread if you're interested.

No I don't have Animals yet, but I will be getting it. I had a look at the PF thread and saw how everyone rated the albums, and it seemed the general concensus centred around five albums: Dark Side, Animals, Meddle, Wish You Were Here and The Wall. I came very close to buying The Wall. So I think I'll get those five and that'll be it for me. Meddle is the only Barrett album of that group, yes?

No, Barrett left the band in '68, after Saucerful Of Secrets was released. Meddle was released in '71. I can't stand Barrett-era PF, but Piper At The Gates of Dawn is generally considered to be a masterpiece. These two songs will make it or break it for you, IMO:

Astronomy Domine
Lucifer Sam

Animals contains Gilmour's best guitar work, bar none. It blew my mind when I heard it back when I was 12.

I had to buy a CD today. I didn't find the one I was actually looking for (an old edition of Queen II). :grumpy:
So instead I bought:

Dionne Farris - Wild Seed - Wild Flower
and
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Armed Forces (on vinyl! :ohmy: Looks like a first pressing too! :up: )

Okkervil River - The Stage Names
smielephantin7.gif

You ought to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom