Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... this is a bit funny. So I went to www.emusic.com/ticketmaster where they're offering 50 free downloads with a trial subscription. You're billed between $9.99 to $19.99 a month (depending on basic or premium) if you don't cancel within 14 days. I registered, gave my credit card # and found out that the selection was terrible. What a shock! Trial subscription package. :rolleyes: The selection was so horrible that even big artists like U2, REM etc. had no songs available for download. But I still managed to find 3 albums that I'd been wanting to get for a while...

Moby - Play
The White Stripes - Elephant
Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle

and one song by the Brand New Heavies - Midnight At Oasis :drool:

And that's it. I cancelled my account! Easiest 50 songs I ever got! :lol:

If the selection had been better (and maybe it gets better once your trial ends) I may have even kept the account. But I'm not gonna pay $19.99 a month for karaoke CDs, one hit wonders and 70s pop hits collections. :madspit:

Emusic isn't for mainstream artists (because of the lack of DRM) but I just signed up for their trial and got The National's two earlier albums for free :drool:

^ I've gotten lots of good stuff on emusic, been a member for years. The pricing has changed a lot though, it used to be $10/month for unlimited downloads. :drool:

Just bought iTunes Originals - The Flaming Lips. :)

Real Life-Joan as Police Woman
Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers-The National
Boxer-The National
Memory Almost Full- Paul Mc Cartney
The Complete Upsetter Singles-Bob Marley

All from emusic

Bonochick said:
Interpol - Our Love To Admire
Spoon- Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Same exact thing here.

Ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga ga :drool:

Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist
Maps - We Can Create
Interpol - Our Love to Admire
The Fall of Troy - The Fall of Troy
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
Editors - Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors EP

guys the editors EP is fuckin great. Bones is one of their best songs.

and of course I love The Fall of Troy. Best discovery since Bloc Party :up:

Refused are an interesting band. I had not heard of them, but apparently they infleunced The Fall of Troy. Anyone know much about them? I've only listened to their album once so far... it's like hard rock mixed with electronica mixed with I don't even know? Cool sound. Very well produced.

I'm lukewarm on the new Interpol thus far. I like it but I'm not crazy about it.

Haven't really listened all the way through Deftones yet. It's aight.

Maps is pretty cool, especially considering the album is iTunes plus, 12 songs...for $5.99 :drool: iTunes isssss my soul

Chicago - Love Songs
Bon Jovi - Lost Highway
Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight
John Lennon - Make Some Noise Save Dafur

Damien Rice - O
Snow Patrol - Final Straw

Well Technically Final Straw was "Free" with my concert tickets...which Incidentally went up $20 just before they went on sale....figure that one out! :wink:

I was gonna meet some friends in town tonight. I went a bit early and browsed some record stores. One had a bunch of albums on sale. Still surprising I came back with only 3 albums.

Bob Dylan - Hard Rain
The Neville Brothers - Yellow Moon
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever

BTW, the evening was very nice too. Meeting up with friends and drinking on a patio. :drool:

The National - Boxer

Finally found it.
smielephantin7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom