Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:reject:

I only went into town to look for a cheap Frank Sinatra CD (with supposedly great sound) and for a new strap (is that the right word?) for my watch.
Instead, I returned from a used record store with:
V/A - The Complete Motown Singles Volume 4: 1964

And when I came home I found on the doormat:
Chuck Berry - Is On Top/St. Louis To Liverpool
The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man

:help:

alkaline trio - agony & irony (the version with the bonus disc, of course. so far i don't really like it)
death before dishonor - count me in
the offspring - s/t
the pixies - doolittle
ted leo & the pharmacists - shake the sheets
h2o - nothing to prove
rancid - b sides and c sides
mighty mighty bosstones - medium rare
rocket from the crypt - scream, dracula, scream
the suspects - s/t
the howards - switchblade rock n roll
betrayed - substance
operation ivy - energy

most of it was used. i think in all i spent about 130 bucks.

i'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of the new briggs, street dogs, and hudson falcons albums. i'm listening to the new street dogs (and true to all that is predictable about me, i love it) right now, but i can't wait til i've got the actual cd here. i don't think i've been this psyched about an album since...well, okay, a couple weeks ago with the new mark lind disc.

Adding to my year of experimental jazz:
The Jeff Gauthier Goatette--House of Return
(Plays Monk)--(Plays Monk)
Nels Cline--Angelica

I'm also the high bidder on ebay on a three-disc Cryptogramophone Records compilation I've been looking forward to hearing.

We Started Nothing - The Ting Tings. The best pop music I've heard in years :up:

We Started Nothing - The Ting Tings. The best pop music I've heard in years :up:

Isn't that a fun album? I love it.

I picked up a bunch of used CDs (and one new one) in the last couple of days:

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (new)
Sufjan Stevens - The Avalanche
Ashlee Simpson - Bittersweet World ( :shh: )
Jools Holland - Best of Friends (got it for the big band version of "If You Wear That Velvet Dress")
Pixies - Doolittle
Wilco - Kicking Television - Live in Chicago

Coldplay - Viva La Vida (back when it came out)

more recently:

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

From amazon, in the last week, I got copies of Portishead's "Third", Jeff Buckley's Legacy Edition of "Live at Sine", and Cure singles "Freakshow" and "The Only One". Yay!

51yUg6HvHlL._SS500_.jpg

Bloomington has three used record stores and a bookstore that sells used cds. If I hadn't had a fever yesterday, I could have gone out and done more damage.

Flatt & Scruggs-- Best of (20th Century Masters)
Haydn (VA)--Concertos (which includes one of my beloved cello concertos)

Bloomington has three used record stores and a bookstore that sells used cds. If I hadn't had a fever yesterday, I could have gone out and done more damage.

Flatt & Scruggs-- Best of (20th Century Masters)
Haydn (VA)--Concertos (which includes one of my beloved cello concertos)

How you know so much music, Martha, it just amazes me!

Just got back from FYE. First cds I've bought in a loooooong time. I could've bought 3 more, but I decided to be good, so I just got these 2 Used:

We Are Scientists -- "With Love And Squalor"
The Killers -- "Sam's Town"

After having previously purchased it on Blu-Ray I dediced I must have this piece of music in audio format so yeah, I recently bought Where the Light is by John Mayer.

More used cds (from Second Spin in Newport Beach)! :D I could've done way, way more damage, they had SO MUCH good stuff . . . but I reigned it in and only got 4 (Buy 3, Get 1 Free :drool: ) :

The Helio Sequence -- "Love And Distance"
M83 -- "Saturdays = Youth"
Los Campesinos -- "Hold On Now, Youngster . . . "
Wilco -- "A Ghost Is Born"

I'm going to regret this, but where is Second Spin?

It's at the end of the 55, just past Triangle Square. Do you know where Rock 'n Java and, a tad further down Tower Records, used to be? It's in that same strip of stores. It's right next to Condom Revolution and WingStop (which, btw, if you like wings, the wings there are sooooooo good!)

They had all the Bowie I could've ever wanted, but not the one I really, REALLY wanted. :(

Used:
The Fatal Flowers - Pleasure Ground

New:
The Byrds - The Notorious Byrd Brothers
Little Richard - Here's Little Richard/Little Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom