Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the soundtrack for the Sexy & The City movie. :shifty:

Oooh, what's it like? I liked the music in the film. Apart from that awful Fergie song. :sad:

:drool:

Is this offer still available? :shifty: I'm just starting my vinyl collection now and bought a turntable recently.

Vinyl is vital. :drool:

How can you part with all that musical goodness, Martha? I don't mind getting rid of cds but I couldn't part with my vinyl. :heart:

It's always nice to find new (used) CDs waiting for you when you get home. :cute:
Art Pepper - Intensity
The Staple Singers - Be Altitude: Respect Yourself

Scott Amendola Band, Cry
Devin Hoff Platform, Solo Bass
Xiu Xiu, Women As Lovers

I bought these a few weeks ago, but I don't think I ever posted them:
Wilco, A.M.
Uncle Tupelo, March 16-19, 1993
Sonic Youth, Sonic Nurse
Mike Watt, Ball Hog or Tugboat?

I too purchased this, I just didn't want to be the first to admit it. I love her vocals on the track, and I love the music, but I really don't like the lyrics at all. The rest of the album is, for me, better. Especially "Not as We," "Straitjacket" and "Incomplete."

Ya, Alanis gets a bad wrap.... Whateva...

I like really Incomplete too. I relate to those words...it made me tear up when I heard it the other day...

The rest of the album is all over the place musically.
The techno vibe I can do without. Whats up with that? A little disappointed there.
The acoustic performance of Incomplete is wonderful.

Ya, Alanis gets a bad wrap.... Whateva...

I like really Incomplete too. I relate to those words...it made me tear up when I heard it the other day...

The rest of the album is all over the place musically.
The techno vibe I can do without. Whats up with that? A little disappointed there.
The acoustic performance of Incomplete is wonderful.

Actually, the dance elements are some of the things I like most about the album. I've enjoyed the dabbling ever since "So Pure" from Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. :shrug:

viva la vida - coldplay

first coldplay album for me. never been keen to buy the earlier albums. like some of the singles but never made enough of a connection with me. However, i heard strawberry swing on mark radcliffe's show on radio 2 and what he said tweaked my curiosity enough to buy it. Only heard it in bits but love the opening two tracks.

Good for Cows--Bebop Fantasy

They're a drum and bass duo, and this is a great, fun album. I'm amazed by the range they're getting from just two instruments.

Oooh, what's it like? I liked the music in the film. Apart from that awful Fergie song. :sad:

Sorry, I'm slow, I just saw this. :reject:

There are some songs on the soundtrack I just don't like, but there are a handful that make it worthwhile. I especially love the songs by The Weepies, Jem, The Bird and The Bee, and India.Arie. It's also got that pretty version of "Auld Lang Syne". :heart:

Oh, and today I bought Coldplay's Viva La Vida. It's my first Coldplay album. I blame the iPod ad for getting that song stuck in my head. Darn advertising...sucking me in. :madwife:

Coldplay - 'Viva La Vida'
Wolf Parade - 'At Mount Zoomer'
The Notwist - 'The Devil, You + Me'

Coldplay - Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
Judas Priest - Nostradamus

I wish I were joking about the latter, but what can I say? :shrug:

Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends...paying for the album I've had since last week haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom