Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
onebloodonelife said:

Think I might head out tonight and pick up a few more...maybe even The Joshua Tree remastered on 180g :drool:

Let me know how it sounds. I've been debating picking it up, but I've got the original pressing and want to know if its worth upgrading.

impy13 said:

Let me know how it sounds. I've been debating picking it up, but I've got the original pressing and want to know if its worth upgrading.

:up: Will do. I was going to get it Monday night, but I had already spent too much. There was only one copy though, so hopefully, it's still there.

zonelistener said:

Where have you been shopping for your vinyl (in the Twin Cities)?

I went over to Cheapo on Lake Street in Uptown. Any other suggestions? That was the first time I'd been vinyl shopping.

onebloodonelife said:

I went over to Cheapo on Lake Street in Uptown. Any other suggestions? That was the first time I'd been vinyl shopping.

Cheapo :up:

Electric Fetus and Treehouse Records (formerly known as Oarfolkjokepus) are pretty good. I thought there was a place in the Dinkytown area that had some good vinyl.

There used to be a GREAT place at 12th and Nicollet in downtown, and they ended moving and then closing. Can't remember the name, but I would spend entirely too much time and money in there. They had an unbelievable vinyl collection.

Also, Half Price Books is a good place to find used vinyl. A lot of the good small shops are long gone from MPLS.

zonelistener said:

Cheapo :up:

Electric Fetus and Treehouse Records (formerly known as Oarfolkjokepus) are pretty good. I thought there was a place in the Dinkytown area that had some good vinyl.

There used to be a GREAT place at 12th and Nicollet in downtown, and they ended moving and then closing. Can't remember the name, but I would spend entirely too much time and money in there. They had an unbelievable vinyl collection.

Also, Half Price Books is a good place to find used vinyl. A lot of the good small shops are long gone from MPLS.

I will have to check out all of those places! Thanks!

So, the haul for tonight:
U2 - The Joshua Tree (remastered) Wow, is it gorgeous! The booklet comes with it, in huge form, all around beautiful package.
The Flaming Lips - Oh My Gawd!...The Flaming Lips (clear vinyl)
The Flaming Lips - Telepathic Surgery (blue vinyl)
Bruce Springsteen - Magic (180g vinyl)
Bruce Springsteen - Greetings from Asbury Park

Side note: I saw Amnesiac for $45 new, and a promotional picture disc of OK Computer for $30 new, no sleeve. Thought about the OK Computer one, but decided against it. Spent way too much again as it was.

More Vinyls

Bruce Springsteen~ Greetings from Asbury Park
The Soundtrack from Hatari :reject:

annnnnnnd

TUF :faint:

Greetings from Asbury Park makes for such nice vinyl, the way the postcard opens....I remember years ago when I bought it and how exciting it was and playing it on the record player was like listening to it for the first time only better!

anywho,
latest albums I bought:

Josh Ritter - The great historical conquest of JR (or something like that)

Marah - Angels of Destruction

bono_212 said:
More Vinyls

Bruce Springsteen~ Greetings from Asbury Park
The Soundtrack from Hatari :reject:

annnnnnnd

TUF :faint:

:hi5:

I love how Asbury Park looks; it's such a cool vinyl sleeve. And, I have UF somewhere around here on vinyl, though I considered picking another copy up last night, since it was in nearly new condition for under $5.

Those Clash vinyls sound quite enticing, Martha.....

Atlas Sound - 'Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel'
51u4sD1IXPL._SS500_.jpg

impy13 said:

So, wow, remastered Joshua Tree sounded amazing! I'd definitely suggest grabbing it. The only thing is that since it's a two LP record, you have to flip every 3 songs or so, which can get kind of annoying I guess, but it's well worth it for how great it sounds.

Well, I would have picked it up when I was at Waterloo just now, but I finally found my white whale:

musiccatalog5cr5cradiohlu5.jpg

I can't believe I actually stumbled across it. And for only 30 dollars!

impy13 said:
Well, I would have picked it up when I was at Waterloo just now, but I finally found my white whale:

musiccatalog5cr5cradiohlu5.jpg

I can't believe I actually stumbled across it. And for only 30 dollars!

:hi5:

I just made a list of albums I absolutely want to buy on vinyl. There are many, many more that I'd like to have, but the list was of records I felt I need to have.

The list was 83 albums long.

I think I'll just buy a lottery ticket instead.

I've been on a quest to convert all my downloaded albums that I like into something solid that can take up space in my apartment :wink:, my latest acquisitions which I already have in mp3:

Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell
Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Elliot Smith - XO

impy13 said:
I just made a list of albums I absolutely want to buy on vinyl. There are many, many more that I'd like to have, but the list was of records I felt I need to have.

The list was 83 albums long.

I think I'll just buy a lottery ticket instead.

:lol:

Good luck with your quest!

elevated_u2_fan said:
I've been on a quest to convert all my downloaded albums that I like into something solid that can take up space in my apartment :wink:, my latest acquisitions which I already have in mp3:

Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell
Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Elliot Smith - XO

I like you more and more everyday. :heart:

They are really, really good...definitely fit the definition of alt-country (and downright country sometimes), whatever that exact definition is. :wink:

A deluxe reissue of Strangers Almanac is coming out next month, but my favorite album of theirs is Pneumonia.

Well, I have encountered some people who like Ryan but don't like Whiskeytown, but they are obviously weirdos. :wink:

Nels Cline and Thurston Moore--Pillow Wand
The Nels Cline Trio--Sad
The Nels Cline Trio--Chest
Nels Cline--The Inkling

:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom