Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm halfway through it...and I'm not very excited. :wink: I really wasn't expecting to be blown away by it or anything though, I hadn't heard a lot of positive things about that album. It's all right though, I enjoy it. I love DM, so I'm glad to have this to add to the collection. I love "Dream On" though, I got the single for that back when it came out.

I just bought another copy of Sigur Rós' Hvarf/Heim. I already got mine the day it came out, but I picked it up as a Christmas present for my dad. Big fan, he is.

Lemonchick said:
KT Tunstall - Drastic Fantastic

I've loved "Eye To The Telescope" for a long time, and finally decided to get a CD copy today, even though I hardly ever listen to CD's anymore because of my iPod. It was a great deal though. I've heard nothing but good things about "Drastic Fantastic". I'll probably be picking that up ASAP. Let me know what you think of it!

41OmOTow6ML._AA240_.jpg

Hairspray - Soundtrack
Monty Python's Spamalot - Original Cast Recording

I feel sorry for anyone around me. Sweeney Todd is out in 3 weeks and I'm seeing Avenue Q in January. I'm in musical theatre mode for a while.

Neil Young - Trans
Been meaning to get this one for a while now. Love Computer Age and Sample and Hold.

Oh...and the deluxe box set of The Joshua Tree came in the post today!:drool:

Just when I thought I was done for the year, I get pulled back in. :shifty:

Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man
Ed Harcourt - Here Be Monsters
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock

Feist's The Reminder is for some reason $2 cheaper on iTunes today. I already had one song on it, so it only cost me $7 to finish the album. I'm really enjoying it so far.

My little splurge the other day....

Lily Allen - Alright Still
Matchbox Twenty - Exile On Mainstream
Rouge Traders - Better In The Dark
Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire
Missy Higgins - Steer EP

I bought the Bob Dylan cd at Starbucks, just sort of threw it in with my coffee LOL... don't know what it's called but it's got a bunch of his well known songs... I have old Dylan records on vinyl but I never got around to replacing any of them with cd's.

I think this is just like AA meeting only it is Albums Anonymous. We all just share what we are buying which leads to more and more buying. Not that it is a bad thing (lots of other habits are worse), I just think it is funny. I will continue to keep buying things. Like:

KT Tunstall- Holiday Collection (I think this is only available at target)

Brian Setzer Orchestra- Dig That Crazy Christmas and Wolfgang's Big Night Out

Mark Knopfler- Kill To Get Crimson

Collective Soul - Afterwords

Chuck Berry - Definitive Collection

Beach Boys - Sounds Of The Summer, Warmth Of the Sun and Christmas with the Beach Boys

Lifehouse- Who We Are

U2 - Zooropa

Sheryl Crow - C'mon C'mon

AFI - AFI

Hootie And The Blowfish - Musical Chairs

Snow Patrol - Final Straw

Goo Goo Dolls - A Boy Named Goo

(So I went a little crazy, I have to stay away from the record store)

Saw an Alan Lomax documentary last week and imediately took out my Visa and ordered..
All old folk songs recorded on the field by Mr. Lomax in the 40-50-60's..

*Deep River of Song: Black Appalachia - String Bands, Songsters and Hoedowns
*Gaelic Songs of Scotland: Women at Work in the Western Isles
*Italian Treasury: Calabria
*Prison Songs V. 2: Don'tcha Hear Poor Mother Calling?
*Prison Songs, V. 1: Murderous Home Southern Journey V. 3: 61 Highway Mississippi - Delta
*Country Blues, Spirituals, Work Songs & Dance Music
*The Spanish Recordings: Aragón & València

And off course The Joshua tree (the big box)

Finally got around to buying the Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs, and Chanteys. I'll give it to my daughter for Christmas.

Lifeline-Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
Time Out of Mind-Bob Dylan
Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.-Bruce Springsteen
Nebraska-Bruce Springsteen
The Wild, The Innocent, & The E Street Shuffle-Bruce Springsteen
Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace-Foo Fighters
Back To Bedlam-James Blunt
All The Lost Souls-James Blunt

This was a tremendous day.:drool: :drool:

U2isthebest said:
Lifeline-Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
Time Out of Mind-Bob Dylan
Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.-Bruce Springsteen
Nebraska-Bruce Springsteen
The Wild, The Innocent, & The E Street Shuffle-Bruce Springsteen
Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace-Foo Fighters
Back To Bedlam-James Blunt
All The Lost Souls-James Blunt

This was a tremendous day.:drool: :drool:

Nice! :up: Lifeline's great BTW.

I'm trying to hold back on buying until I get Christmas money and everything...it's so hard though :crazy: I'm definitely a music addict.

onebloodonelife said:

Nice! :up: Lifeline's great BTW.

I'm trying to hold back on buying until I get Christmas money and everything...it's so hard though :crazy: I'm definitely a music addict.

I'm so in love with everything Ben Harper right now. I can't believe I didn't discover him until a few months ago.

U2isthebest said:
I'm so in love with everything Ben Harper right now. I can't believe I didn't discover him until a few months ago.

I've only heard a couple songs by the guy, but yeah, he's not bad :). I love his song "Morning Yearning", it's simply gorgeous :drool:.

I feel your pain, oneblood, I'm unable to run out and buy new stuff now, too. And there's so much I want :(! Ah, well. Eventually.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom