Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jars of Clay - Good Monsters. I can't believe I missed this album (2006). What a great, great album.

Oh My God, particular moving.

The Very Best Of Deep Purple. Found it at FYE for 10 bucks! A purchase partly inspired by namkcuR's Smoke On The Water thread. :wink:

I think I went a bit overboard while in Toronto & NYC...

Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True (Deluxe Edition)
Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club
The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker
Ella Fitzgerald - The Cole Porter Song Book (Volume 1)
Ella Fitzgerald - Sings The George And Ira Gershwin Song Book
Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
George Michael & Queen - Five Live
Nirvana - In Utero
Ramones - All The Stuff And More (Volume 1)
Soundgarden - Superunknown
V/A - Once (soundtrack)
V/A - The Harder They Come (soundtrack)

I also got 2 albums from local Toronto artists:
Peter Bloom Band - Random Thoughts (From A Paralyzed Mind)
Carlo Coppola - Moving

I have a whole lot of listening to do!

David Bowie- Best Of (1969-1974)
David Bowie- Best Of (1974 -1979)
Blur- Best Of (finally got round to getting my own copy of it)

1. Jars of Clay - If I Left the Zoo-Absolutely awesome! Maybe even better than their wonderful first album, which I thought it couldn't be beat!;)

2. Marah - If You Didn't Laugh, You'd Cry - Great, great, great! Can I say Great again? One of my new favorite bands. :wink:

3. The Flaming Lips - Yosmini Fights the Pink Robots - I think I like so far, I only heard a couple songs from it so far. I will report back later on this one. :up:

Cute Irish Bono said:

3. The Flaming Lips - Yosmini Fights the Pink Robots - I think I like so far, I only heard a couple songs from it so far. I will report back later on this one. :up:

Can't go wrong with the Flaming Lips! :up:

It's been so long since I bought CDs that I showed no restraint :reject:

I'm Not There soundtrack
Carla Bozulich--Evangelista
Scarnella--Scarnella
Nels Cline Singers--The Giant Pin
Nels Cline Singers--Draw Breath (I had a copy someone sent me, but I wanted a real copy)

The half of my order containing I'm Not There isn't going to get here before I leave for my Thanksigving travels, and I was counting on it for the drive :mad:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Carla Bozulich--Evangelista

I had a funny experience with Carla Buzulich when she opened for Wilco earlier this year in the European tour. I was standing on the first row and she basically asked me to help her get down from the stage and started to sing in the crowd, just 20cm from us.... I have some cool pictures taken from 20cm away!

That's a pretty funny story. I bet those are great pictures! I'm just getting into her. Her rerecording of Willie Nelson's Redheaded Stranger is brilliant, and I love the Geraldine Fibbers, too. I think she and Nels Cline used to date or are still dating. I discovered her via him. We're Myspace buddies. I think if I posted a comment she'd probably write back to me, but I'm too much of a dork to do it.

Do you belong to Via Chicago? It's free to join. I'm Three dollars and 63 cents over there.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
That's a pretty funny story. I bet those are great pictures! I'm just getting into her. Her rerecording of Willie Nelson's Redheaded Stranger is brilliant, and I love the Geraldine Fibbers, too. I think she and Nels Cline used to date or are still dating. I discovered her via him. We're Myspace buddies. I think if I posted a comment she'd probably write back to me, but I'm too much of a dork to do it.

Do you belong to Via Chicago? It's free to join. I'm Three dollars and 63 cents over there.

I go to Via Chicago from time to time, but never actually post there... maybe I should start. :scratch: I have registered with the same screen name as here

But Carla was really nice that day. After her set she was collecting her gear and I saw she had the handwritten lyrics to a song glued to the floor. I asked her for it but she said it was her only copy (lol) and told me she could scribble something form me after the concert. I actually felt pretty bad I didn't have cash to buy her CD afterwards (she was the one selling the CDs in person). :reject:

BonoIsMyMuse, thanks to you I had a dream where I was in my old neighborhood, walking a dog, and instead of numbers, the houses had the occupants' names on them. I walked by Nels Cline's house. I didn't realize he lived in small town Wisconsin ... in my parents' neighborhood! :wink:

Today I bought:

Duran Duran - Red Carpet Massacre
LCD Soundsystem - 45:33 (or whatever the exact number is)

corianderstem said:
BonoIsMyMuse, thanks to you I had a dream where I was in my old neighborhood, walking a dog, and instead of numbers, the houses had the occupants' names on them. I walked by Nels Cline's house. I didn't realize he lived in small town Wisconsin ... in my parents' neighborhood! :wink:

That's awesome :lmao:

Amazon shipped my order in three parts. Hopefully the first box will be here today so I have some new music to kick off my weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom