My top ten picks for the JJJ hottest 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
Skrillex
Kingswood
Rudimental
:hyper:
Violent Soho
Three Sixty
:doh:
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Amity Affliction
One of those macho aussie rap groups that all shout together, whatevs
mmm... let's see
oh
I know

more Kingswood

oh and also

that one Dead Letter Circus song that they always play. Overwrought nineties generic angst rocker vocals, no discernable tune, rubbish lyrics... sweet.

It's from the same indie folk pop song handbook as all those other songs are.

Let's be honest, #1 is "Royals" versus "Get Lucky".

Definitely, and I'd say that this is pretty fair. Happy for these two to go at it for top spot, without necessarily being a massive fan of either. Both are heaps better than the Macklemore.

I'd usually vote about 5 songs from the list and add another 5 of my own, but I've come to feel that there isn't much point in voting songs that aren't on the JJJ list. You might as well throw your votes and something that might make an impact.

I'd love to see National fare well, but I actually think that they may struggle to feature anywhere higher than 75. Votes could very well be diluted across Graceless, Demons, Sea of Love and Don't Swallow the Cap. There hasn't been one dominant song.

Graceless has had a surprisingly heavy amount of airplay, but yeah, not sure if it will help it.

Generally Triple J don't play 'old' people, and I wasn't sure if the National might not have passed that invisible line when this new album showed up. For example they stopped playing the Cure (deservedly or otherwise) in 2000, new Pearl Jam in the mid 2000s, etc etc.

I'd usually vote about 5 songs from the list and add another 5 of my own, but I've come to feel that there isn't much point in voting songs that aren't on the JJJ list. You might as well throw your votes and something that might make an impact.

I'm really not sure what to do this year. Normally I do similar, with about six from their list and four write-ins, trying to stick closely to my actual top songs. Looks like I'll need a different strategy this time around since it seems what I've loved the most has passed Triple J by. I've had a lengthy playlist of favourite 2013 songs for a while, and I just made a top twenty from it. Literally one of those twenty songs is in Triple J's list ("Recover" by Chvrches). Two more artists are there for different songs; I can understand why "It All Feels Right" appears for Washed Out rather than "All I Know", but I'm mystified why the only song for Yuck is "Middle Sea" rather than lead single "Rebirth".

Writing in pretty much my entire list would be a totally pointless endeavour. So I may instead settle for making a top ten of what Triple J's got, even if it's totally unrepresentative of my actual top songs.

I aim to not do any write-ins this year, but we'll see how we go.

Riptide has been fucking everywhere. I'm really hoping Get Lucky will get the top spot. Would be my fav #1 since One Crowded Hour, and deserving, like Somebody I Used To Know.

I've made my picks for the first time ever, even though the range of entries was only shared by half a dozen or so artists, not particularly diverse but there was not much I liked outside of the albums I had already heard this year.

I would vote for this a thousand times if I was allowed to.
xMnT8uu_medium.gif

If I ever met the members of Kingswood, I'm pretty sure a fight would ensue.

I once saw them at some big New Year's Eve gig. I thought I'd walked in on a bad Led Zep tribute band.

You'll be surprised and shocked to learn I didn't watch much of their set.

I look forward to this thread every year because it reminds me that things could always be wise.

Riptide is annoying as shit.

I'm having such a hard time trying to convince people that it's not that fucking good. In the best 10 songs of the year? Are you kidding me? Any long-haired bearded idiot with an acoustic guitar could write it. And he signed a five fucking album deal with Atlantic on the back of it.

Back
Top Bottom