My top ten picks for the JJJ hottest 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The indie acoustic factory churns out another, most likely, badly bearded fellow in sandals and oversized sunglasses.

I don't think there have been more than a dozen listenable songs in this countdown.

You know what the worst in the leadup to all this was, was random people being vox-popped and they'd always come out with some inane thing like 'I picked <whoever> because it's really catchy and I like that!'

Yeah, you know what else is really catchy? MY SHARONA! FUCK OFF!

What the fuck is this screaming tripe.

Why do people vote for this shit.

Number 40, oh my freaking god, it's the Amity Affliction.

You know how JJJ announcers now mock Limp Bizkit but played them on high rotation in 2000? This is going to be like that.

Number 40, oh my freaking god, it's the Amity Affliction.

You know how JJJ announcers now mock Limp Bizkit but played them on high rotation in 2000? This is going to be like that.

They're that sort of band a large portion of students at high school would constantly go on about. That's the only way I have actually heard of them.

Hahaha Vlad it's your mates San Cisco.

Also, it disappoints me that the only heavy music that ever makes the Hottest 100, be it metal or hardcore, is terrible stuff like Bring Me the Horizon or The Amity Affliction. There's never anything more than a token entry or two anyway, but I wish those token entries would represent the genres better. I was quietly hoping Letlive's "Younger" would sneak into the Hottest 100, but I doubt it's going to appear this high.

I'd like to see Niall Fergusson cover Get Lucky (it'd be like the old Late Show days, getting Joan Jett to do 'Rock n Roll' but accidentally booking Joan Kirner).

Hahaha Vlad it's your mates San Cisco.

I'm still very angry that they're going to be performing at my university in a month. I don't think I'd get away with chucking potatoes at the lead singer.

You don't understand how tempting this is for me, but I'm not ready to get kicked out by a crowd of adoring fans.

Chvrches again! I'm not as big on "Gun" as I am on their other singles but this is still a quality track.

You don't understand how tempting this is for me, but I'm not ready to get kicked out by a crowd of adoring fans.

What sort of a gig is it though? Because when bands play at the University of Melbourne, it's just a lunchtime gig in one of our courtyards to a small crowd of largely indifferent people.

San Cisco's scene would be more like those free lunchtime entertainments that sometimes play to bored parents and kids in the local food court.

What sort of a gig is it though? Because when bands play at the University of Melbourne, it's just a lunchtime gig in one of our courtyards to a small crowd of largely indifferent people.

It's an O Week festival, people who attend the uni can get tickets for free but those who don't pay about $20. They're probably the only 'major' name playing, but there's a whole bunch of other bands I've never heard of but knowing the sort of people the festival is catering to I wouldn't expect much different.

Awesome showing by Chvrches. I think this is the first time a song I voted for has cracked the top thirty.

Just so every act in the countdown gets shat upon in here, Chvrches is one of 10 trillion tumblrcore acts from last year that sound exactly the same, only they have the unique quality of possessing the mousiest vocalist.

Birds of Tokyo are fucking insufferable live (they opened for Muse). The frontman twat is like watching Peter Garrett in super slow motion, and with more pretension.

*dramatically throws left arm in the air, then slowly moves into crucifix pose, then clenches fist emphatically*

At least "Lanterns" didn't make the top five or ten like some predictions suggested, though.

How does that Birds of Tokyo bloke manage to be in two bands constantly? Lanterns is just dull, it's like they asked them to pretend to be Coldplay from the last half decade only that this is so much duller than that.

In the space of just three months, the Kite String Tangle has gone from playing to about six indifferent people as an opener in Northcote to #19 on the Hottest 100. "Given the Chance" isn't terrible, but I can think of a hundred bands who are far more deserving of a rapid ascent to popularity.

Huh, Arcade Fire sound different.

And I think we're in for a fairly homogenous top twenty. Arctic Monkeys have already had one song, with two more entries likely, and no Lorde at all yet despite at least three of her songs surely being safe bets.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard a HAIM song and I don't think I quite share the same opinion that so many have about them.

Yeah, I don't mind them, but I can't relate to the fuss over them.

London Grammar seem half decent even if I'm a bit tired of the whole sad piano ballad thing.

Back
Top Bottom