My top ten picks for the JJJ hottest 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is popular because Triple J play his music constantly (I can't overestimate how simple-minded J bros are) and he is easily marketable with a beard and innocuous gentle beats.

However I find it hard to hate him as much as I'd like to because he drummed for Bonobo on their tour, and sang on First Fires as well. To learn an entire fucking band's catalogue and drum seamlessly takes some talent.

He was impressive at Falls last year - really was in command on stage and looked in his element. I personally find it hard to genre-fy him as well, which I suppose is a credit in that he can't be pigeonholed.

Try as I might, I can't extract any personal enjoyment from his songs though.

Red Eyes was far lower than I was hoping. As a War on Drugs fanboy, I had hopes of a top ten placing (and Under the Pressure scraping into the 90s), but it was an early 2014 hit so maybe timing did it no favours.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I will say this much for the wispy, bloodless, r&b-influenced electrowhatever that's dominating the playlist this last couple of years (see: Flume, Chet Fucker, Daniel Johns 2.0, The Weekend)...

It could be too soon to call it, but I think it might have brought down the curtain on that decade in which Aussie Hip Hop (TM) ruled the Jays with the grim efficiency of a closing time punchup. That's right, festival kids of 2003-2008, you too will grow old.

Last edited:
I can't fucking understand why you listen to Triple J. Why?

I've heard eight. King Kunta for the motherfuckin win

I want to say 'to know the mind of the enemy'.

Nah... only during office hours, and even those days may be passing swiftly since I got some decent computer speakers.

So I just listened to that Eves the Behaviour track that's apparently in the Hottest 100 running and it's great.

100% sure Kieran will disagree.

But maybe I should check out some of the other stuff in the running ... on second thoughts, nah, this'll probably turn out to be the one song I'm glad made it.

So I just listened to that Eves the Behaviour track that's apparently in the Hottest 100 running and it's great.

100% sure Kieran will disagree.

But maybe I should check out some of the other stuff in the running ... on second thoughts, nah, this'll probably turn out to be the one song I'm glad made it.

Just offhand, I don't really even know what that song is.

I do know that the worst thing going around this mid year, both on the jays and on the commercial radio you hear in the grocery store, is that Major Lazer (?) song.

I've tentatively looked in on 'Double J' once or twice lately, but they don't seem all that great. Everything they play sounds like easy-listening rockabilly of some description. This is not what I meant when I said I was over 30, guys.

Back
Top Bottom