My top ten picks for the JJJ hottest 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it a banger in the mouth?

200_s.gif

And 360 is so bad it's almost unbelievable. He has two modes: tough guy and tough-guy-doing-the-mawkish-thing.

Holy shit that Clipping song was truly fucking terrible. One of the worst sacks of crap yet.

Oh thank christ, just when it seemed to be a stream of non-stop shit, we get a reprieve with The War on Drugs. It's the surprise of an occasional good track like this that makes me stick with this silly countdown.

Back to the stream of shit. This is the Childish Gambino that people like to praise? The song was even worse than his dumb stage name.

Though this interview with him about hot chocolate and marshmallows is kind of amusing.

No. The answer is no. And I'd be very suprised if Suffer from the Hilltop Hoods doesn't end up presenting the drive show.

The 2025 Hottest 100, brought to you by Angus & Julia Stone and some guy from the Amity Affliction.

I don't like any of these songs when are the good songs going to be played.

I think Tennis Court was played earlier? But it was a remix of sorts, so that's why you're probably thinking that.

Seriously, who the hell votes for remixes. My rants about Like a Versions apply to those too.

The Social 100 hasn't done too badly, though for specific positions I don't think it's done as well as the Warmest 100 over the past couple of years despite a larger sample size. At any rate, it's clear the top four will be some mix of the following:

Peking Duk - High
Chet Faker - Talk Is Cheap
Milky Chance - Stolen Dance
Hilltop Hoods - Cosby Sweater

SNOOZE

Oh my god could Chet Faker's music be any more fucking boring?

Good grief Australia.

Also Kieran I can tell you wrote the top ten yourself. :wink:

Chet Faker is really that popular over there?

He's ok. Better than Vance Joy, that's for damn sure. And at least it wasn't Taylor.

I got bored skimming the list after about 35 or so. Yellow Flicker Beat, Seasons and West Coast were the only songs I really liked.

Last edited:
Frankly - and I can't believe I'm writing this, given how bileous I was about more of his songs making this year's countdown - I'll take "Riptide" over anything Chet Faker's done. At least Vance Joy has written a mildly memorable or hummable melody. Chet Faker's music is bereft of any interest. No memorable qualities, no danceability, you can't even chill to it because it's so fucking boring it's cured the insomnia you didn't know you had. One of his songs earlier in the top ten was passable (I think it was "Gold"), but the one that got #1 was awful, awful, awful. I don't get why he's the hero of J-bros everywhere.

Huh, I found his album to be pleasant background music but never bothered returning to it. Again, why is he so popular?

Vance Joy makes my day worse every time I hear his stupid voice and meaningless lyrics.

I think the secret of Chet Faker is that he's a sort of 2014 J-bro's idea of 'real soulful'. Unfortunately he forgot to bring the tunes, or really anything much. But his music is laid back and somnolent and I guess this is supposed to convey something about the essence of the country.

Probably a lot of Triple J listeners are hyper stressed out (who wouldn't be, christ if I was 20 right now, I'd seriously consider survivalism in the hills) and mostly use music as a sort of sedative, regardless of quality or artistic vision. That would be my take.

Wake in fright.

Back
Top Bottom