My Morning Jacket 6-10-08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very yes!

If I don't go anywhere for Spring Break, I'm going to try to catch that SXSW show.

thetitans2k said:
Who is my morning jacket? what should I be listening to by them?

Z :drool:

Or, you could always try their live album Okonokos, which is a great overview, plus they play most of Z.

Ahh, I'd go with At Dawn, personally, or It Still Moves.

Z shows some progression and experimentation, but I don't know if it's the definitive album from the band. It certainly doesn't represent their entire output as much as the other two.

MMJ is one of those bands I've heard a lot about and have been meaning to check out. I loved Jim James's contribution to the I'm Not There soundtrack. I think I'll use part of one of the iTunes gift cards I got for Christmas to pick up one of their albums. I'm leaning toward Z, but I'd appreciate suggestions.

I'd recommend starting with It Still Moves. That's what got me into them.

Of course, that's not saying At Dawn and Z aren't fantastic. They are.

I can't imagine a more seductive hook for a new listener than the first 3 songs of It Still Moves. The album is too long and could lose a couple tracks, but when it's on it is ON.

Mahgeetah :drool:

I just bought "Z" and am listening to it right now.

Gideon....:drool:

Thank goodness for the real music lovers here on interference...you keep this old man listening to great stuff I'd not have come across on my own. Thanks....

I drove 2 1/2 hours each way to see MMJ in Houston on Monday. The new songs are all so sweet. Great stuff coming from The Jacket in 2008.

O is the One That Is Real live from Okokonos (?) is probably one of my favorite songs of all time.....just blew me away

and that Highly Suspicious song from the rolling stone sxsw clip is pretty damn interesting

Does anyone know if the Evil Urges album cover has been seen yet?

I really like the one with the bear on it, and whatever the hell that was on the cover of Z.

I'm diggin' the song too, thanks for the link.

BTW, my top three MMJ songs are:

1. Golden
2. Off the Record
3. One Big Holiday

I'm sure you guys were dying to know that information, so I've provided it for you. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom