My Morning Jacket 6-10-08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Evil Urges is a really good album. Not as good as Z by any stretch, but the title track, Touch Me I'm Going To Scream, I'm Amazed, and Sec Walkin' will be favorites for a long time to come.

I bought tickets for Stubbs (hate this venue) in Austin TX. Taking a buddy for his birthday gift. Plan is to get to the venue as the doors open to get up front :)

"Evil Urges" album is really growing on me. Enjoying more than Z.

Upon first listen, my only thoughts are that I need to listen to it at least one more time. I really don't know what I thought of it.

A few songs grabbed me, but a few others made me say "oh hell, no."

Finally listened to this thing. I only put it off forever.

I'll give James credit for trying new things, although I don't think they all work here.

I think I'm Amazed and Aluminum Park are fantastic, and Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2 is awesome.

I love the groove to Highly Suspicious, but I don't think he handles a falsetto as well.

I'll be there. I don't understand the Stubb's hate though.

I saw MMJ there in 2006 and we got there kind of late. We saw the opening band, but by then it was packed. Too packed. The sound was way too low (1 speaker in the back), so all you could hear is people talking. My wife went with me and she couldn't even see from the back. So we went to the right side of the venue (by the wooden stairs) so we could at least hear MMJ. Couldn't see anything, but they sounded great. I've been to 4-5 shows at Stubbs and seen a few great shows, but that night was too crowded.

I'm learning from my mistakes by getting there when the doors open.

Is anyone loving the song Librarian as much as I am? :drool:

Or, the whole album for that matter?

Jeez, good stuffs MMJ!

I like Librarian as a song, but to me when it shows up it's just one downtempo/mellow song too many at that point. I wish they would have pushed just one of those tracks further down the tracklist, and let the RAWK come back a little sooner.

I've changed my mind about the album yet again, and for the most part, I like it. I think. :wink:

I'll definitely pick it up when it's released.

You can make the "OMG CORI'S OLD" joke all you want, but you all know I'm young, virile and all those other good things. :kiss:

You can make the "OMG CORI'S OLD" joke all you want, but you all know I'm young, virile and all those other good things. :kiss:

By virile, I'm assuming you meant to combine "viral" and "senile", because the actual definition of virile is something COMPLETELY different:

1. of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or befitting a man; masculine; manly: virile strength.
2. having or exhibiting masculine energy, forcefulness, or strength in a marked degree.
3. characterized by a vigorous, masculine spirit: a virile literary style.
4. of, pertaining to, or capable of procreation.

WHOA. I really hope you were thinking of #4.

That's not your mother, that's a MAN, baby!

All right, fine, if you want to get all persnickety about it, take "virile" off the list.

How about "vital"? That works.

Back
Top Bottom