My Morning Jacket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE JACK!

Good call. There should definitely be an official thread, especially with the new album.

Ha, I just noticed that this is totally in the wrong forum.

I think Laz has been drinking.

It was in the main Lemonade Stand forum. Order has been restored, though. So now we can talk about this album, which features songs that were originally written for the Muppets.

AWESOME.

cool. i hope it's better than Evil Urges. that one didn't sit to well with me. Z is amazing though.

Am I the only one who loved Evil Urges? My only issue was with the track order, it's all RAWK and then gets mellow for too long, like a five-song stretch. Not that I don't love the ballads on here.

Evil Urges had a lot of haterz but I dug it. Jim James trying to sound like Prince; how can that be a bad thing? And anybody that rags on Highly Suspicious clearly hates fun. Agree that the middle section drags tho.

bollox said:
Jim James trying to sound like Prince; how can that be a bad thing?

Seriously?

I'm definitely hoping for something more in the vein of Z or their terrific contribution to Dark Was The Night. I like the pop elements in their sound, but they pushed it to the point of banality last time. Usually, I enjoy albums like Evil Urges more than most for experimentation's sake, but they just aren't that great at the frivolous, I guess. I'll keep the title track, I'm Amazed and TMIGTS pt. 2 but that's about it.

Big MMJ fan here. Saw them open for the Doves back in 2002 and was blown away. Nice to see other fans on Interference.

New album sounds like the sound of It Still Moves mixed in w/ Z.....:up:

Evil Urges
The Librarian
Look At You
Smoking From Shootin
Touch Me Part 2
Highly Suspicious (Live!!!)
Sec Walk
I'm Amazed

Great stuff!!

I've got At Dawn, It Still Moves, and Z. I never got around to Evil Urges, mostly because I'd heard it wasn't worth it. Wrong?

I've got At Dawn, It Still Moves, and Z. I never got around to Evil Urges, mostly because I'd heard it wasn't worth it. Wrong?

Its worth a few listens. Great summer night record.

And you definitely need to listen to Tennessee Fire!!

You can download the song yourselves here:

My Morning Jacket :: Preorder Circuital Now

Album cover:

mmj_4.jpg

War of the Worlds much?

I loved the hell out of Evil Urges. "Touch Me, Pt. 2" being the pinnacle of both a solid album and a memorable night for yours truly.

Oh, really? I resemble an ugly, gawky golfer? Thanks!

For future reference, it's not polite to say to somebody "This ugly person reminds me of you."

New song is pretty good, on first listen. That little simple guitar riff that opens and closes the track sounds very similar to something I would (and have) come up with on guitar. I don't know what that says about the song but, yeah.

My bad. I just have an irrational hatred toward any dude named Rory.

It's a girl's name. Irrefutably.

I saw them open for pearl jam a few years back. They had a giant stuffed bear on the stage. I dug it.

This is how I first came to listen to them, I'd heard of them for a few years before that but never got around to them until being blown away by their set, one of the few awesome openers I've seen and one of the very few that converted me having never listened before. I ran right out and bought Z the next day, and I've since seen their own concerts as well. :drool:

Also, I seriously don't get the hate on Evil Urges, it just might be my favorite MMJ record, sure it was a departure, but a successful one IMO.

I really like the approach they took to recording this album, all the parts recorded live simultaneously, it's the only way I like to record (even when electronics are included) and too few bands do it that way anymore.

i don't think i actually listened to you people when i asked you to give me a starting point last time. or i did, and i don't remember. but i'm pretty sure the handful of songs (none of the names i can remember at present) i've heard were courtesy of random youtube postings, someone threw a track on a desert island mix or an ICDE disc...very limited. perhaps that's why i don't get shouter's connection to the flaming lips. or because it's a figment of his scary, scary imagination.

Back
Top Bottom