My Bloody Valentine vs. Chicago: Tinnitus FTW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the hell does this mean? :uhoh:

That I wasn't exactly thrilled with what I'd heard when I wrote it, but I'm liking the song I'm on quite a bit right now. I'll take back my earlier opinion. Hard not have ridiculous expectations on this.

Is it just me, or is the album recorded it at the old timey original CD volumes?

Hey iyups, another Ride connection that you might be interesting in, seeing as you're a fellow Oasis fan.

Andy Bell, who played guitar for Oasis from the Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants era through to the bitter end (and wrote a few Oasis tunes: Turn Up The Sun, Keep The Dream Alive, The Nature of Reality, etc.), was a founding member of, and guitarist for, Ride.

So there you go.

That I did not know. And it does indeed strengthen the case for Ride.

I changed it from m b v to M B V back to m b v.

Capitalized everything else though.

I have to go out now, but I will give this a critical listen and report back.

For geekiness sake, I must report that I used the Mastered for iTunes droplet to covert directly from 24/96 WAV to 256 kbps AAC.

I really am burning a DVD-A later, though.

Alright, gotta download Winamp and the album's going to take about 8 minutes to download. Time to get settled in.

Winamp? Haha, wtf? So it was recorded with no digital equipment, is available in the kind of advanced digital music file that makes db drool, yet requires a music player no one has thought about since the late 90s? I'm missing something here.

Skins, get it right. Like from when people made websites and used angelfire and geocities to host them, and posted wallpapers, pictures, and Winamp skins in their media section?

Huh, It's been a while since I've screwed around with FLAC (only used it for bootlegs), so if that's the case, I'll follow your advice, oh wise-one :wink:

The fuzz on Only Tomorrow is pretty insane. Sounds like someone's amp caught fire.

Edge was responsible.
I hate myself.

:up:

photo_zps0912a959.png

Nor could I, which makes it annoying when it's front and center. Monotone sung, pointless lyrics should be pushed back in the mix to make things mysterious. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom