My Bloody Valentine vs. Chicago: Tinnitus FTW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They played for just about 75 minutes. Maybe one or two more or one or two less, but just about 75.

When I first saw the title, I thought it was a thread inviting us to compare MBV with (the band) Chicago. :doh:

So, this was the first dedicated MBV thread I found, when I searched. Some time late last night, I saw a few mp3s start kicking around which some very excitable people were claiming to be long-lost, never-before-heard My Bloody Valentine songs. Of course, I scoffed and went to bed. Upon waking up, this morning, a lot more people were talking about these files and far fewer people were scoffing along with me. Still, I assumed that it was all just an elaborate hoax/honest mistake. Not possible.

Yet here I am, as one of the now-waffling naysayers, to tell you that I have dl'd, listened to, and verified that, whatever the hell these songs aren't, they most assuredly are officially unreleased MBV songs from what sounds like somewhere in between Isn't Anything and Loveless. Also, they are really something else.

You guys should start looking around for these, before they vanish or are taken down/away forever. The files I have are tagged as "Kevin Song," "Bilinda Song," and "Cowboy Song." They are really great. I just can't for the life of me believe how low-key and innocuous this whole "leak" has been, especially given the band and the band history in question. Wild shit. Perhaps its all due to pervasive skepticism (such as my own, until just a few minutes ago), but I don't get why the internet isn't on fire, talking about this. "New" MBV songs would even get (at least) moderate coverage in something like Rolling Stone, you know? Insanity.

I'd been wanting to bring it up, but assumed it was mentioned in the Random thread over the holidays. Needless to say, I'm incredibly excited.

Good god, my posts from 4 1/2 years ago in this thread are utterly embarrassing. I'm legitimately ashamed of them and wish that they could be deleted. My apologies. Sincerely.

Holy hell, 2008. I'm sorry. Forever guilty of bad taste. One love.

Good god, my posts from 4 1/2 years ago in this thread are utterly embarrassing. I'm legitimately ashamed of them and wish that they could be deleted. My apologies. Sincerely.

Holy hell, 2008. I'm sorry. Forever guilty of bad taste. One love.

It does feature one of the greatest opening posts for a thread in this forum ever though.

Then Lazarus going all Moggio on us by like the fourth post.

Then Khan and NSW getting offended at a post that I would suspect they'd laugh heartily at these days.

Laz making cheapskate Jew jokes grows more ludicrous by the day, especially when you read posts like that first one of his.

I'd pay $48 to see MBV, easy.

I know we talked about them a bit in the chat thread, but he remastered reissues from earlier this year were really well done for anyone who doesn't yet have the albums.

Yeah, I'm assuming a In Rainbows type dealio if it happens (digital this week, a physical version later this year). Hopefully it does happen, crazy to think we could be listening to a new MBV album in a few days.

I half expected something like this to happen based on the way they've been talking in interviews lately, plus it just seems to be the trend with older bands here lately.

But I never expected it to be that quick.

Back
Top Bottom