Music Biopics - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,443
Local Time: 10:45 PM
John Lennon
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,626
Local Time: 10:45 PM
my use of "tons" is very liberal.
__________________

__________________
Mack_Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:58 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
my use of "tons" is very liberal.
You're from Michigan, so we'll let it slide.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,626
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
You're from Michigan, so we'll let it slide.
yeah but I've been only in michigan for 2 years, though. well I've only been in Chicago for 4 years prior to that so i guess it's occupying less and less of my time in the US.
__________________
Mack_Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #50
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,808
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Easily my most anticipated music biopic:

Vulture | What Is This Random Chinese Tupac Biopic?

LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
John Lennon
I fear that even a piece that commented on his relationships with women in the 60s would whitewash them into some sort of redemption story with his later peace messaging. Dude was a creep.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:32 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I fear that even a piece that commented on his relationships with women in the 60s would whitewash them into some sort of redemption story with his later peace messaging. Dude was a creep.
John Lennon was a complicated dude. Sure, he might have been creepy. But, he evolved into a better person when his son Sean was born. He was no longer a practicing Beatle and could devote a lot more time to being a good dad as well as a good person. His first son, Julian, kind of got the shit end of the stick because John was an absentee father to him. Julian has even said that when he was younger he was closer to Paul than his own father. When John was murdered at age 40, he was no longer the creepy guy he was in his 20's and early 30's. He was a monogamous husband and devoted father to Sean. He was actually starting to hit his stride as a human being.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,626
Local Time: 10:45 PM
My mom: if you're sane you would definitely not go for Yoko Ono.
__________________
Mack_Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
My mom: if you're sane you would definitely not go for Yoko Ono.
If you're really insane, you play Yoko's Kiss Kiss Kiss repeatedly.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I fear that even a piece that commented on his relationships with women in the 60s would whitewash them into some sort of redemption story with his later peace messaging. Dude was a creep.
Thank you. The worship is so wide, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. The John as a peacenik myth drives me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
John Lennon was a complicated dude. Sure, he might have been creepy. But, he evolved into a better person when his son Sean was born. He was no longer a practicing Beatle and could devote a lot more time to being a good dad as well as a good person. His first son, Julian, kind of got the shit end of the stick because John was an absentee father to him. Julian has even said that when he was younger he was closer to Paul than his own father. When John was murdered at age 40, he was no longer the creepy guy he was in his 20's and early 30's. He was a monogamous husband and devoted father to Sean. He was actually starting to hit his stride as a human being.
Not really sure that years/decades as an abuser is made up for by finally being a decent human for a few years.

Also, on topic - great thread, BVS. Old school, I know, but a couple offhand I can think of are Coal Miner's Daughter and the Buddy Holly Story. Not sure how accurate the latter is, or how much is glossed over, but the music is pretty great, and I really like how the didn't dramatize his death at the end. Just rewatched it a year or so ago. Also, The Doors' biopic is what sent me from indifference into actively hating Jim Morrison. Can't even remember the movie, but the hatred burns.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:33 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,626
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Easily my most anticipated music biopic:

Vulture | What Is This Random Chinese Tupac Biopic?

he was definitely chosen by thug life
__________________

__________________
Mack_Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com