Music and Dreams - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 11:24 AM
Music and Dreams

do you think theres a connection between what you listen to before you fall asleep and what you dream about? For example I fell asleep last night listening to Passengers (not trying to turn this into a U2 thread thats just the way it was) and had these really weird kaleidoscopic dreams and really weird images. It was really surreal. Anyone else ever seen a connection?

Old 10-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:24 AM
What I want to know is why I woke up yesterday with "Bigmouth Strikes Again" so firmly stuck in my head that it still hasn't budged. Especially since I can't really stand that song.

But as for your question, I think anything you do right before you go to bed is likely to be influential, at least in part, to what you dream about. It's not solely limited to music, but apparently that can end up having some cool effects for some people.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
The Male

Local Time: 07:24 AM
Definitely. Most of the time, I dream about people/places/songs I haven't been exposed to in ages, but there are times that I dream about something that immediately happened before passing out. If the latter is the case for GAF, I'm sure he dreams about drinking quite often.

As an aside, I've dreamed up some cool melodies in the past, only to forget them. Based on the mechanics of dreams, however, I doubt they were original anyway.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post

As an aside, I've dreamed up some cool melodies in the past, only to forget them. Based on the mechanics of dreams, however, I doubt they were original anyway.
haha, that reminds me. i dreamed up the correct code for the program i never got to work properly for a computer class in 10th grade probably a week or two into summer vacation that year. never did get to try it, but it was probably wrong (although when i woke up i was sure it was right, couldn't believe i hadn't figured it out, etc).

normally, i just wake up when a song i really like comes on if i go to sleep with the radio/ipod/cd playing. or i wake up as soon as its quiet. usually that means i'm not out long enough for dreaming.

or maybe i don't dream much

i don't sleep, i dream

ooooh the spoiler, does that mean i'm in the cool kids' club? no? ok.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
ooooh the spoiler, does that mean i'm in the cool kids' club? no? ok.
lol