MUSE PART 6: "You'll Wake The Thought Police"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your last show sounds spectacular, Saracene. :up:

Matt's expressions when he was playing with the spinning shiny lightbox thing during the Knights intro were priceless :lol:

He always looks so mischievous, and like he's having an absolute blast, God love him.

- Biffy Clyro were decent, but yeh gods what the hell was their singer wearing. He was topless and had bright pink pants on which sat low enough for his bum crack to peek out. NOT sexy
yuck.gif

:ohmy: I hope you didn't have nightmares. From the few YouTube videos I've seen of them, topless seems to be their thing. I've tried listening to them, but I just don't find their music appealing. It also doesn't help that there's a severe lack of hotness in that band. Yes, I can be THAT shallow :reject:

- Exogenesis is really a beautiful piece of music :love:

It really is. I just want to close my eyes and soak in the music. I love it.

- It's a shame Matt doesn't smile more at the gigs, because he's got the most adorable childlike smile :cute:

sm-giggle.gif
< That's what Matt makes me do. It is a little very odd. :shifty:

- These past two weeks were the highlight of my concert-going life :drool::drool: I never imagined that I'd see my favourite two bands back-to-back!

You lucky, lucky, girl! :D

Uhhhhhhhhhh...wow. Overkill, much?

I mean, if they warned them ahead of time and everything, I can understand being annoyed and, like stated, perhaps fining them or something. But that's incredibly extreme.

And while I'm no fan of moshing and certainly see the danger in it, like with what happened to that poor girl, the concert venues have to be incredibly naive to expect that people won't try doing that at a rock concert no matter how much they try and crack down on/ban such a practice. Just let people have their fun, if the security sees things getting a bit too rough, then they can step in and kick out the offending persons and let everybody else enjoy themselves.

Hopefully they'll ease up on the band here. It'd suck if those of you in Australia were prohibited from seeing them for a long time because of that.

Angela

*Shallow moment:* Was he cute? */End shallow moment*

Haha not sure, haven't seen his face :wink:

I think the whole smoking/moshing thing has been blown out of proportion and I doubt that Muse will actually be banned from Australia. Though, if there was a strict smoking ban and the band knew about it, then Chris shouldn't have smoked.

Well, you're not allowed to bring a water bottle inside the arena, so after the security guy looked into my bag and saw the bottle lying on top, he asked me to get rid of it and was no longer interested in the contents of my bag :)

Wow. Strict security-no water bottles? I mean, I suppose I know why they don't want them in there, but still...

Anywho, awesome pictures. I love all the ones of various aspects of the stage-pictures #5 and #6 in your list there are my personal favorites. That is COOL.

And yay, balloons! Whee! Good to see they're still doing that in their shows.

Haha not sure, haven't seen his face :wink:

Ah. Darn. Eh, well :p.

I think the whole smoking/moshing thing has been blown out of proportion and I doubt that Muse will actually be banned from Australia. Though, if there was a strict smoking ban and the band knew about it, then Chris shouldn't have smoked.

Good. I hope so. Do agree with your last sentence there, though-people shouldn't smoke, period, but...*Gets off soapbox*.

Angela

Wow. Strict security-no water bottles?

Yes, they make you empty the bottle into the plastic cup, which you then can bring in. At least they allowed that - at some other concerts I went to they just make you get rid of your bottle so that you're forced to buy their overpriced water inside :grumpy:

Anywho, awesome pictures.

Ah, thanks :)

Yes, they make you empty the bottle into the plastic cup, which you then can bring in. At least they allowed that - at some other concerts I went to they just make you get rid of your bottle so that you're forced to buy their overpriced water inside :grumpy:

Okay, yeah, at least there's that. And of course they do it to make sure you aren't sneaking some sort of illegal beverage or whatever in.

But some of the other places you mentioned, that's really stupid-1, people need to have water at concerts. It's kind of a necessity, with people's throats going dry and being crammed into a place that can get very warm very quickly. 2, water should not cost THAT much. It's water.

Ah, thanks :)

You're welcome :). Those are really clear shots as well, so I'm even more impressed.

Angela

Saracene!
those pictures are amazing! wow! thanks for sharing.

and good for you sneaking your slr in.. :up:

:sad: now the tour is officially over what am I gonna do?

Apparently the five-year ban was a load of nonsense.

A fan wrote to the venue's management about her experience during the show, and posted their response, which included a statement about the Muse ban.

Butterflies and Hurricanes: Letter To Rod Laver Arena Officials

In relation to us “banning” Muse this is a ridiculous beat up, we have never suggested such a thing, our comments to the media were that we were disappointed that they smoked in a non smoking venue, we did not believe that moshing was ever encouraged from the artists, there were no incidents to report at this concert whatsoever. This was one of the most incident free concerts that we have had at our arena and we welcome them back. This statement will be released to the media through the promoter.

Saw the band's last OZ show in Perth last sunday night. I was feeling slightly apprehensive as i'd given up seeing U2 to see them and wanted to be blown away like I was at Glastonbury as i didn't want to regret it, and regret it I didn't!
IT was bRILLIANT! The stage show is amazing, all the graphics and the lasers and the tower set up was really cool. They played all my favourite songs and really put in a great performance.

We started off right in front of the sound control and it was sublime! Got myself a Muse t-shirt laughed my self silly at Dom ducking wen MAtt threw his guitar (Glitterati 2.0?) at his drum kit. Even my boyfriend got into it, jumping around with me for a bit.

I truly love this band. Can't wait for the next time! :D

glad your experience was an awesome one.. as if right? I love them to pieces! So much fun seeing them live. One hell of a show for sure.

I can't wait for more MYOOZE!

Rumors are very strong right now that they will do Lollapolloza August 2011 (i will go to this one since its here in the States) and also Reading/Leeds Festivals in the UK end of August.:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom