MUSE PART 6: "You'll Wake The Thought Police"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oooh i can't wait to see the set lists for the first couple of aussie shows. Do muse change their set lists around a bit or are they like U2 and only have 1 or 2 changes max??

Their Glasto set was out of this world, so I'd love a show like that again (minus Edge as he'll be playing the same time!) Can't believe i'm going to see U2 and Muse on the same weekend in two weeks! Brilliant!

In other good news my boyfriend who isn't really into music that much (please someone tell me how?!) has been humming uprising all day from listening to it in the car this morning... its a good sign! :D :hyper:

oooh i can't wait to see the set lists for the first couple of aussie shows. Do muse change their set lists around a bit or are they like U2 and only have 1 or 2 changes max??

Muse sets are fairly static, but there have been hints from the band in a couple of recent interviews that they might throw in some surprises. Last time they came to Melbourne they played Fury and Micro Cuts.

LOL. I'd have to agree with that statement :yes:.

Man. Lucky people of Argentina! That's pretty cool that U2's invited them to open a couple times like that, how often does that happen with their opening acts? Hope all who go to see that lineup have a fantastic time.

Love the pictures from a few pages back, by the way. Looked like the guys were having some fun in those shots, and Matt playing around a bit with the award is cute, too. And they look so good as well :drool:.

Angela

I'm not too upset we don't get Muse on the 360 Tour. I was lucky enough to go to three shows that they opened last year.

Need some suggestions, folks. My best friend is a newly converted Muse fanatic. Trying to figure something to get her for Christmas that's Muse related, but not a t-shirt or CD. Can anyone recommend any good books on Muse? Exceptional concert DVDs?? Thanks!

I second the HAARP DVD :up:

There aren't really any good books on Muse yet. I have the most recent one by an NME journalist, it's not very well written and the band didn't participate in the process, so it's just cobbled together from interviews and such.

Yes, HAARP is excellent, I'd go for that, too.

I'd also suggest maybe seeing if you can get a back issue of the 100 page NME magazine special that was devoted to them earlier this year. I bet your friend would love that, and it'd allow her to learn much more about the band as well.

There's also the Absolution DVD with the Glastonbury show from 2004, but that one you have to go outside the U.S. for. But if she has the means to play it and you can get it, I'd go for it.

Yay for new Muse fans :)!

Angela

The HAARP DVD is an incredible choice for any Muse newbie. Really shows off how good this band is live.

Most definitely YES to this! It's the perfect intro to the band and sure thing to making them a fan..

also, if you can get ahold of the Glastonbury 2004 performance on DVD (it's a part of Absolution when it came out). I know if you go on ebay you can still get this only thing is it's in PAL format and you would have to have an all regions dvd player or just play it on your computer. :D (this is my favorite dvd, especially cuz you get the Matt shuffle dance :heart:)

Another one is the Hullabaloo DVD which is prior to the Absolution DVD.

I swear I looked for the Grammy nominations list last night, and couldn't find it anywhere, not even on the Grammy site. I'm sure they had it buried under all the Eminem hoopla.

:applaud: congrats to Muse on their 3 Grammy nominations.

:applaud:

Most definitely YES to this! It's the perfect intro to the band and sure thing to making them a fan..

also, if you can get ahold of the Glastonbury 2004 performance on DVD (it's a part of Absolution when it came out). I know if you go on ebay you can still get this only thing is it's in PAL format and you would have to have an all regions dvd player or just play it on your computer. :D (this is my favorite dvd, especially cuz you get the Matt shuffle dance :heart:)

Another one is the Hullabaloo DVD which is prior to the Absolution DVD.

i've got to get my hands on some DVDs! i've not seen any yet. bad bad BAD fan!

oh and Happy Birthday Chris!!!

Back
Top Bottom