MUSE PART 6: "You'll Wake The Thought Police"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muse really needs to record their next album live. Really high quality soundboard, minimize the crowd noise, etc. It'll be their best yet.

Muse really needs to record their next album live. Really high quality soundboard, minimize the crowd noise, etc. It'll be their best yet.

Yeah, this. I'm avoiding any live performances of new songs just to moderate any disappointment in the new album. I remember the last time I listened to them debuting new songs before the album dropped - the album in question (BH&R) was more of a disappointment than it otherwise would've been. My expectations are already low for The 2nd Law; there's no point listening to some live debuts only to then hear the songs on the album and go "that's not as good as it was live" and feel even more let down.

Here's hoping that on their actual tour, they'll be doing more than just the four pre-BH&R songs (Interlude doesn't count!) they did at that German show. Oh well, I guess if they keep emphasising BH&R onwards, it'll save me money on a concert ticket when they come to Australia. I see they're now talking about actually coming here next year rather than waiting for 2014.

That'd be a great idea.

I understand your feelings, Axver-often their songs seem to really come alive in a concert setting, so it's fair to wait and avoid the comparisons. And while I love their stuff from BH&R onward and am totally fine with hearing that (I never got to see them on their tour for The Resistance, so I'd definitely like to hear some of those songs live at whatever show I go to), I do agree that it'd be cool if there's a really good mix of songs from their entire career in their shows when they tour. But ultimately, as long as the show's good, I won't nitpick too much :p.

Anywho, trojanchick, thank you so much for the clips! Really appreciated. I don't have Axver's patience, so I gave them a listen. "Save Me" was interesting-Chris has a rather nice voice. And "Supremacy" kicks serious ass if that clip is anything to go by.

Also, I heard a definite Absolution-era influence in "Follow Me" and "Animals". That pleases and excites me greatly :yes:.

Come on, October 2nd :hyper:!

The whole thing has leaked - well, a stream rip of the whole thing. If you are at ease with your music you will find it now.

I really shouldn't be liking the new Muse, but I do... :) (actually you can say that about most of their albums... ;-) )

I'm tempted to listen to the stream, but I'll wait. I'll be patient until the damn thing comes out. :D

Madness has been growing on me, so that's a good thing.

Wow, I don't have time for anything these days, but listened to a bit of the new Muse stuff today. Sounds promising. I still think I'll wait for the album because it's not that long before it's released.

Thanks, U2Fanatic :). I'll keep it in mind.

I like this a lot more than The Resistance. Absolutely love Panic Station and Supremacy. I'm also really digging Follow Me, Animals, Big Freeze (which to me has a U2 like sound), Liquid State and Save Me. Hell even Survival is growing on me.

:up:

I like "Survival", too. I saw the clip online of them performing it at the Olympics and it sounded particularly amazing in a live setting. And I really love "Madness".

I really shouldn't be liking the new Muse, but I do... :) (actually you can say that about most of their albums... ;-) )

LOL, aw, hey, I've loved every album of theirs so far. Like I said, the thing I've noticed with them is that there's some songs of theirs I love right away and then there's some that take a while to grow on me. But once they click...:drool:. Some of my now all-time favorite songs were "growers".

Anywho, the reviews from everyone here sound promising and have me excited.

Panic Station isn't my cup of tea, but the rest is ok, some very catchy tunes there and I love Supremacy. Listening to the stream now while at work :wink:

Jeez. Does Matt even play guitar anymore?

I liked Madness and Animals. Big Freeze sounds like a U2 tribute band branching out into their own material, barely. Terrible lyrics. Survival and Unsustainable are still horrendous. There's this guitar line around the 3 minute mark of Save Me that is awesome, but there aren't many others. I don't know what else to say.

I just finished listening to this. There are few tracks I enjoyed: Supremacy (Matt's screaming works here), Animals and the last track minus the talking. Madness and Panic Station are fun as well. The rest is a bit meh.

I want Muse to rock again but that Muse will seemingly never come back.

LOL, aw, hey, I've loved every album of theirs so far. Like I said, the thing I've noticed with them is that there's some songs of theirs I love right away and then there's some that take a while to grow on me. But once they click...:drool:. Some of my now all-time favorite songs were "growers".

Anywho, the reviews from everyone here sound promising and have me excited.

Don't get me wrong, I love all their albums too, just that I sometimes feel very dirty doing so, hehe.

I wasn't going to listen to any new Muse stuff until the proper album, but then I gave in and listened to Supremacy and Panic Station. Love both songs :drool: Panic Station is catchy as hell and Supremacy is some kind of awesome Kashmir + James Bond lovechild.

Love both songs :drool: Panic Station is catchy as hell and Supremacy is some kind of awesome Kashmir + James Bond lovechild.

:up: I can't express how in love I am with Supremacy and Panic Station. Overall, I am quite pleased with T2L.

I'm going to sneak in a suitcase and fly over ok?:D

Shove over lady, and make room for me. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom