MUSE PART 6: "You'll Wake The Thought Police"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heard Survival on the radio- liked it a little better in that context than just listening to it on YouTube. DH called it very "theatrical." Still needs some getting used to, tho.

I don't like Survival, at all. I hope the rest of the album will be better.

I understand that they needed a shitload of pathos and cheesy lyrics for an Olympic games soundtrack, still this song makes me kind of aggressive whenever I hear it. :no:

Indeed. I'm curious what a song entitled "Big Freeze" or "Liquid State" will sound like. Looks like they've got an overall concept story type of album being made here.

And the last two...wonder if that's going to be anything along the lines of what they did with the "Exogenesis" tracks from The Resistance?

Judging by the song titles, this is clearly not going to be an album where Muse get to write acoustic introspective stuff :wink:

Survival has actually grown on me, but I hope the other songs on the album are a tad less OTT and silly.

I really have a hard time getting excited for this. The Resistance wasn't very good and the two songs they released after that, that song for Twilight and now he new single are two of my least favourite Muse tracks.

I hope they can surprise me.

It's good to hear they aren't considering the Olympics song to be the lead singe.

Crap, your responses are making me not even want to hear it. What happened to the awesome band who made Origin of Symmetry and Absolution?

The album could be hilariously bad. That might even be the best I can hope for.

it's one song on a album folks.. have some faith will ya? They wanted to experiment with something they haven't done before so yeah it isn't that great. Interviews with the band have said its a pretty diverse album. IMO not a lot of bands that I love where I love every song on the album there is always a couple I could do without. I think this and Survival are on the low end of the like scale but there are like 9 other songs we haven't heard yet.

This song would make a good opener for their live shows tho.

Considering these are the first two songs the band thought good enough to be the songs to "sell the album" to people, you can't really blame people for not being optimistic.

Considering these are the first two songs the band thought good enough to be the songs to "sell the album" to people, you can't really blame people for not being optimistic.

I understand that. But 2 songs don't make the album. Let's wait and see. Like I said I wasn't thrilled with either song. Survival was released because of the Olympics and Unstainable was a instant download after the deluxe set preorder.

I am optimistic about their Official release of Madness on 8/20.

Hahahahahaha oh God the whole first minute of the video is just shit left over from The Secret and Left Behind.

I like the robot.

Oh and there was a song too. Kinda.

Back
Top Bottom