MUSE PART 6: "You'll Wake The Thought Police"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: Well played!

Damn, just checked the bill again. :crack: 11 euros for shipping and handling fees? Bloody hell. And 7 euros for sending it here, while it's regular traced mail, which costs 4,50. Ripoffs!

Damn, just checked the bill again. :crack: 11 euros for shipping and handling fees? Bloody hell. And 7 euros for sending it here, while it's regular traced mail, which costs 4,50. Ripoffs!

:yikes:
I guess that I can count myself lucky then with my second chance. 'Regular' fees (as in, still high, but in line with those of many others) and I got them delivered on Friday already.

Thanks for the YouTube clips! Fun interview-yeah, hearing about some of the sounds for their new album has me very curious. And they'll be busy through 2014, it seems? Wow. Cool news, though-I look forward to tour dates being announced down the line.

As for the new song, it definitely will work for the Olympics, yeah. And I like the first couple minutes or so, with the big orchestral opening and then the sudden switch to bouncy piano and whatnot.

The rest I'm not entirely sure on yet, but eh, will give it some time to properly sink in.

"I choose to survive, whatever it takes?" Is this song for the Olympics or real-life Hunger Games? :giggle:

I think it will work for the Olympics (does this mean they'll perform at the opening ceremony?), but for now, after a couple of listens, to me it's a bit like a poorer yet more OTT cousin of United States of Eurasia. It might grow on me, like that song eventually did.

And jeez Matt I think my cat would have come up with better lyrics :huh:

yes the lyrics are beyond cheesy but it fits for the Olympics. And yeah, like USOE it grows on me. I love the guitar in it though.. It wasn't clear whether this would be on the new album or not though.

The Muse OTTness progression:

Awesome! (Knights of Cydonia) --> intentionally (?) hilarious (United States of Eurasia) --> exhausting (whatever this is)

Well I'm sure that it won't be all OTT on the new album.

I don't know about that, but still, yeah, Muse's albums tend to be all over the place, so I wouldn't automatically assume this is the main direction for their new album.

And yeah, LM, I heard that song was going to be on the album. Course, I only heard it from one online source, too, they could be wrong as well. Who knows.

I'm... not sure I actually like this. :( United States of Eurasia was one thing...funny and an okay song, but the rest of that album was actually good songs that I loved, so it was okay.

But this? major Meh!

This song isn't very good. It's not as bad as United States of Eurasia but that's not saying much.

Back
Top Bottom