Muse announce new album "Drones" for June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently they're stripping their sound down a little. That can only be a good thing. It'll still be cheesy enough.

I thought this was hilarious.

Edit: I have no idea how to embed tweets. Is it even possible here?

So basically a fan asked on Twitter what the album was going to be about. Matt answered: Deep ecology, the empathy gap and world war 3.

Listening to the 2nd Law is worse than being in WW3.

Their song titles seem to be the result of putting old song titles into an online thesaurus. Last album, we had Hysteria--->Madness. Now, Madness has begat Psycho.

I've given up on hoping Muse will ever record something that can reach the same heights as Origin of Symmetry or Absolution, but I'm still curious to hear this. If nothing else, it might give us a few laughs.

The album cover already gave me a good laugh.

220px-MuseDronesCover.jpg

But I've heard it's more guitar-driven, so I'm hoping we'll at least get some good riffs out of it.

For me Muse are sort of like if Radiohead had a traumatic brain injury and recuperated reading '1984'. It's not that their concerns (what I can make of them) are invalid by any stretch, it's that they're shit.

Psycho is a Hitchcock rewrite.

Seriously, I like Muse, but they lost me quite a bit with their last two releases.

Same. The first two times I saw them live were incredible, they were fantastic for a period of time. Not so much now, sadly.

I actually like the album cover and name, but the album probably still sucks.
I don't think they'll ever top Origin of Symmetry or even Black Holes & Revelations.
The Resistance had a couple good tracks. United States of Eurasia, Guiding Light, and Undisclosed Desires were all good. But songs like I Belong To You and MK Ultra were flat out horrific. Their last album continued where those last 2 left off. Hated every song on the album.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Agreed re The Resistance. A few good songs, a few meh, a few WTF.

Especially the one that devolves into Matt Bellamy playing Chopin. Dude, if I wanted to listen to Chopin, I'd play it myself.

There's nothing wrong with experimentation. Exogenisis is brilliant and we'll worth the 15mins on the album. Playing 5/4 on animals. Or bit of drum and bass with Unsustainable I could listen again and again. I'm not saying there aren't some bad/shockers on every album but to be honest who doesn't u2 have there fair share.
Bad lyrics aside psycho is growing in me although I know it won't be the strongest on the album by far.

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

Drill Sgt. parts really wreck a perfectly great song. This'll still be great in the gym cranked up. This one gets a 7. I'm looking forward to the new single dropping in 2 weeks.

I thought the song was "......okay" (not normal "okay", it's more like, um, this, is the Muse song, ok, fine type of reaction which was probably everyone's) and I was little disappointed. COUld be because the expectation was high, so higher than what they did.

I like the music and the guitars in Psycho; the lyrics need a little work. And if that guy yelling is part of the actual song, well, they have too many yes-men working for them.

That was my thinking, surely all this screaming isn't actually going to be on the album.

The song is about a minute and a half too long, and they lifted a bass riff from The Doors' "Let It Roll."

It's on the album folks. I purchased it off iTunes. Also note that the 2nd track (the one previous to Psycho is called [Drill Sergeant]. There is one more in brackets later on called [JFK].
The video has a screaming sgt. intro and the song being sold off iTunes doesn't have this intro. But the screaming is there at 2 separate points.

Echoing some of the other comments, I hope this album is better than the last one.

Matt has been playing that main riff for a thousand years.

When I first heard Muse, I was convinced that is was a Swedish or maybe Eastern European band, singing songs written in Engrish by other non-English speakers, ala ABBA. The lyrics being that cheezy and nonsense. Did anyone else get that feeling?

(PS, I adore them)

The thing is, I wasn't so disappointed when I listened to SOI because my expectation was lower. I actually liked it, because I was expecting a mess that doesn't have focus which happened to making of POP. I loved that U2 had theme throughout records in SOI.

But this Muse record, my expectation was pretty high. And they released something dull, I mean, what the hell? In case of POP, U2 was too ambitious and they experienced flop; Im okay with that. They worked hard for producing new thing that they haven't really explored before. But this Muse records, I don't hear the edge (no pun, I swear) and something new in that song. I can possibly enjoy the other songs after the expectation got lower.

Back
Top Bottom