Muse announce new album "Drones" for June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was interesting, I thought a bit of Muse when I saw Roger Waters last week. They trade in similar themes, except Muse do it without any of the humour or subtlety, or songwriting ability, or charm, or musicianship, or anything, really.

It was interesting, I thought a bit of Muse when I saw Roger Waters last week. They trade in similar themes, except Muse do it without any of the humour or subtlety, or songwriting ability, or charm, or musicianship, or anything, really.

:lol:

I think the last album from Muse I would not characterize as awful was Black Holes & Revelations. That was in 2006.

Well, I listened to that new song.

Immediately forgot what it sounded like, which I would consider an improvement on some of the shit the band have put out in the past decade.

Listened to the new song... sounds like a new Muse radio-friendly song alright.

Then I went and listened to New Born again and all was forgiven.

I remember thinking Muse were one of the most incredible bands I'd ever heard. I was very excited for their future, I knew they would be huge. I saw them in 2010 and it was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Showbiz was a solid debut, but they were still finding their footing. OOS, Absolution and BH&R make a pretty perfect trilogy. Resistance was alright, and they just kept falling from there. IMO, Drones is an absolutely dreadful album, and these recent singles do nothing for me as well.

Matthew Bellamy is legitimately one of the greatest rock guitarists of this century... IMO, that is their greatest asset, and they barely utilize it anymore. Very disappointed with the way they turned out.

Back
Top Bottom