Most irritating vocalist of all time - Geddy Lee vs. Thom Yorke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i forget where (translation: must have been at the bar) i was when i was arguing with someone (translation: can't remember who, must have been a random person at the bar) about how i cannot listen to rush, will never be able to listen to rush, flat out hate rush for the simple fact that geddy lee's vocals make me think of small rodents being shredded by cheese graters.

occasionally, i like radiohead.

i hate rush because geddy lee not only sounds awful, but he looks worse.

HE LOOKS WORSE THAN HE SOUNDS. how is that even possible?

seriously guys, i hate bands if they look ugly. if i look as fucking great as i do, then surely singers can too.

email me if you want pics.

Had Rush hired a different lead singer, many of these same bashers would be holding them up to Floyd-like status and even beyond. That said, they didn't, so I suppose they do deserve some stick. Geddy sounds okay on some songs, believe it or not.

I love Thom Yorke's voice, his mannerisms, his antics, and 'In Rainbows' is my favorite album in years by anyone but they are the most overrated band in the history of Interference, hands down.

Usually it's because of the faux-hipster quotient around here.

Spot the difference

geddy-lee.jpg
vs.
bono_mullet-717961.jpg

:hyper:

Put me down, I friggin' hate my voice. Even my cat used to hate it. I was just singing a song that was on the adverts and I walked into the kitchen, he was sitting by the warm radiator, and he twitched his ears and he fled out through the cat flap into the pouring rain! That's how bad it was.

:lol:

Maybe, but you're not putting yourself out on record and forcing yourself upon the listening public, so you can't declare yourself the winner in this thread. ;)

Back
Top Bottom