Most currently underappreciated album of the 90s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, this has been brought up before, but:

0795b5e119df32939c69296b4941d7e7_full.jpg

Ah yes I was gonna mention No Code but didn't cos Pearl Jam is pretty big now. Still, that album is indeed underrated.

Word on pretty much any post Vitalogy PJ album. Particularly Yield.

Chris Cornell's "Euphoria Morning" is one of my favorite albums ever, yet no one really knows it.

Also, R.E.M.'s New Adventures in Hi-fi, my favorite album from them doesn't get enough love coming after their height of critical and popular acclaim.

Can we please stop posting nondescript album art without identifying wtf it actually is?

kthxbye.

I'm having a hard time trying to remember if you're someone who I've made a point to dislike or not. I need to start keeping a formal list.

I meant no offense, with all the "Lance's mom" jokes I've read over the last year, I had assumed you were someone who didn't mind some ball busting here and there. If I do unfortunately still make your list, I only ask that NSW is still rated as "more unlikeable" than I am.

I'm as thick-skinned as they come on the internet. And strangely, my last post was close to a legitimate question. It's hard to keep track of personas here with the growing number of posters and ever-changing avatars and such. The IMDB thing makes me think you were on the enormous side of that particular debate in Zoo Station where my list of hate grew rather large.

The Cult - The Cult
The Cure - Wish
Fun Loving Criminals - 100% Columbian
Nick Cave - Let Love In

:hyper:

mbv-loveless.jpg

Hey, only indie nerds care about it. :wink:

The reissue got five stars in every music magazine recently, and every review said how it was basically the only shoegaze album worth listening to and invented the sound, even though it came out after some key gazy albums were released.

Overappreciated! :angry:

The reissue got five stars in every music magazine recently, and every review said how it was basically the only shoegaze album worth listening to and invented the sound, even though it came out after some key gazy albums were released.

It definitely has become overhyped. I love it, but come on.

Michael Hutchence - Michael Hutchence
Wild Mood Swings-the Cure
Screamadelic-Primal Scream
New Adventures in Hi-Fi-R.E.M.
I definately agree with the Rusted Root album.
Beacoup Fish-Underworld
Stick Around for Joy-The Sugarcubes

WTF, why isn't a remastered version coming out in North America? I thought you were confused at first, as I hadn't heard a peep about it. I am angered. Hopefully it just means that there will be more than just a remaster of the album here (bonus disc, live disc, dvd, etc.)

Calling it the only shoegaze album worth listening to couldn't be further from the truth, but I guess it explains the ridiculous idea that it "invented the sound", as you would have to have never heard any other shoegaze albums (including all of the other work MBV did prior to Loveless) to make that statement.

I'm not sure if it was an actually remastered edition or just a re-release. In any case, it's been doing the circuits in magazines within the past couple of months, and such comments were repeatedly made.

I read an Uncut review calling Slowdive the 'alcopop' version of My Bloody Valentine. What the hell? Not all shoegaze had to sound like dying pachyderms.

I think it is a remaster, I found the import price on Amazon. I'm gonna curb stomp those critics, Sad Punk. Curb stomp.

And by the way, I'm glad Barlowdog knew who that album cover was. :wink:

I gotta question?

If one likes a certain album and if one really does appreciate it, then is it really "underappreciated"?

Btw, a lot of people here are mentioning albums that AREN'T underappreciated. What's up with that? :hyper:

Like Rusted Root's When I Woke and REM's New Adventures in HiFi. Those albums are classics and I know plenty of people who appreciate them.

'New Adventures In HiFi' by REM would be one - but that has been a grower for a lot of people - so maybe not immediately appreciated...

Also 'Bilingual' by the Pet Shop Boys, 'Face The Music' by New Kids :drool: and 'Have A Nice Day' by Roxette fit the mould. :applaud:

The main one though (outside the UK) would have to be 'Life Thru A Lens' by Robbie Williams. How did America ignore 'Angels'? 'Let Me Entertain You'? 'Lazy Days'?

Back
Top Bottom