Morrissey taken to hospital after collapsing on stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read this earlier. I hope he's ok, and I think that his health should come first, but if he cancels a second time for me I will really be disappointed.

I read this earlier. I hope he's ok, and I think that his health should come first, but if he cancels a second time for me I will really be disappointed.

I thought of you when I read the thread title. :lol:

I've never been a huge fan, but I do hope he recovers well and quickly.

I was panicky when I saw MSN Today had two articles about it (one in the "goss" and one in the "news" sections, respectively) and was all thinkin' oh gee they're dropping like flies down there, and it was sooo wacky, and then I see he's in a stable condition and was actually a bit disappointed in a horribly morbid way because I feel like the music world needs another big death to fire up some Smiths snippets at U2 shows, but yeah, I'm actually really, really glad he seems to be alright. Genuinely. I still haven't seen him live, after all.

Hopefully the Moz'll be alright. He usually bounces back up after he falls. This wouldn't be the first time.

I'm relieved to see him in stable condition. I've rarely felt a connection with any musician as immediate as I do with Moz. His loss would be a tremendous blow to the music world.

Morrissey collapsed/fainted onstage at his Swindon gig last night, V sad news, :ohmy: :sad:

Half way through the opening song Moz fell onto his knees and had to be carried offstage by two helpers, He was rushed to a nearby hospital immediately, Breathing problems were reported to be the reason for it, He was thankfully released this morning with all clear signs and is currently resting, His Bournemouth gig tomorrow night is reported to be canceled and the Royal Albert Hall gig has been rescheduled, Its was released by Morrisseys people that he will be doing all in his power to finish his remaining tour dates!

YouTube - Morrissey Collapses On Stage At Gig

Morrissey : Home

Morrissey-solo

Can't believe the pigs in attendance who booed!!!! :angry: The man is clearly in poor health, I hope Moz continues his tour as I have tickets to see him in Dublin but if it is a case that he too unwell to continue I think its understandable.

Wishing a speedy recovery to ye Moz!

I hope he will be OK and do whatever he has to do as far as keeping tour dates or canceling as necessary. Our health is much more important than anything else in the world. Jonathan Ross (@Wossy) is in touch with Moz's people and is reporting updates on Twitter. Get Well, Moz.

Jonathan Ross (@Wossy) is reporting on Twitter as he gets updates from Mozzy's people. I hope he does whatever it takes to get well if it means cancelling shows or even the rest of the tour. His health is more important than some tour dates IMO. :up:

Moz certainly has been ill rather frequently this past year; I hope that this series of flu attacks is not indicative of a deeper problem.

A lot of people in certain of these forums like to castigate Bono for being in less than fantastic shape, but when one considers the problems affecting other singers around 50 years of age - Moz and Dave Gahan come to mind - Bono is remarkably durable.

Morrissey Back on His Feet and Cracking Jokes After Fainting Spell

Today 6:17 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg
Morrissey Mike Guastella/WireImage.com

People, it was really nothing.

After breathing problems forced Morrissey to cancel two shows, the former Smiths frontman resumed his U.K. tour Tuesday night at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

Morrissey, 50, fell to his knees Saturday after finishing the first song of his set in the city of Swindon and had to be carried offstage by two of his band members.

The Maladjusted crooner was hospitalized overnight for observation. On the advice of his doctors, he scrapped a gig Monday in Bournemouth so he could get some rest.

But back on his feet last night, Morrissey made light of his ailment, pretending to faint at one point before jumping back up and shouting, "Thank you, Swindon!" per the BBC.

"The doctor said I shouldn't smile. I told him, 'I don't,'" cracked the usually somber hitmaker.

At the Russell Brand gig in LA last night he made reference to his good friend and hero Mossy (who he also named his beloved cat after) that he'd emailed the chap after his unfortunate fall stating if he is going to do something like that again to certainly not do so in a place like Swindon (which he compared to the OC) but someplace much more posh and dignified. :lol:

Yea I heard about that too. :doh: It was cool being at a Russell Brand gig and hearing all the Smiths and Morrissey music he blasts before and after his shows. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom