Modest Mouse Appreciation - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
New Yorker
 
bonocrazy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: WV and VA, USA
Posts: 2,742
Local Time: 09:56 AM
Modest Mouse Appreciation

I am a huge fan of Modest Mouse. They're my #2 right now.

I am going to see them in concert at the end of this month. I am sooo excited.

Anybody else like Modest Mouse??
__________________

__________________
bonocrazy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 08:56 AM
I know there are many other threads on them, but I'm too busy/lazy to search for them right now.

I will say this though, The Lonesome Crowded West is unbelievably good.
__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,806
Local Time: 06:56 AM
Isaac Brock can't sing, which brings their music down for me. I've always hated Float On.

However, the atmosphere of The Moon And Antarctica alone makes is quite an achievement. Very, very good record.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Lonesome Crowded West > anything LeMel mentioned
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post

I will say this though, The Lonesome Crowded West is unbelievably good.
Agreed.

"Well all's not well, but I'm told that it'll all be quite nice..."
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #6
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
Agreed.

"Well all's not well, but I'm told that it'll all be quite nice..."
"Opinions were like kittens, I was givin' them away"

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Lonesome Crowded West > anything LeMel mentioned
This reads really douchebag-ish looking at it now.. I was just trying to say that Lonesome Crowded West is worthy of checking out if you don't like some of their other material, LeMeL.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #7
Neon Zebra
 
beegee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: southern nevada
Posts: 10,590
Local Time: 06:56 AM
__________________
beegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
"Opinions were like kittens, I was givin' them away"
"I was in heaven, I was in hell - believe in neither, but fear 'em as well."

Seriously, LemonMelon, check this one out if you've never heard it before. Their last two albums are mediocre in comparison.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #9
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 08:56 AM
GibsonGirl, did you know that Cowboy Dan is a major player in the cowboy scene?
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BonoIsMyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 5,241
Local Time: 09:56 AM
I liked the Modest Mouse that once was but is no more. I saw them on the GNFPWLBN (that's a mouthful, even as an acronym...) tour and was so bored I actually left early. I have a feeling Johnny Marr might've improved their stage presence, but I don't feel like dropping $40 and driving two hours to find out when they play in Rochester.
__________________
BonoIsMyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
GibsonGirl, did you know that Cowboy Dan is a major player in the cowboy scene?
Yup. I also know that he goes to the reservation, drinks and gets mean.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoIsMyMuse View Post
I liked the Modest Mouse that once was but is no more. I saw them on the GNFPWLBN (that's a mouthful, even as an acronym...) tour and was so bored I actually left early. I have a feeling Johnny Marr might've improved their stage presence, but I don't feel like dropping $40 and driving two hours to find out when they play in Rochester.
I didn't like that album enough to even entertain the thought of travelling to see them. It would have been nice to see Marr, though...
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #13
New Yorker
 
bonocrazy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: WV and VA, USA
Posts: 2,742
Local Time: 09:56 AM
oh damn. Well, I like all their albums. I don't think I will ever find anyone who beats U2 in concert, especially standing a matter of feet away from Bono. But I am excited nevertheless.
__________________
bonocrazy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #14
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,806
Local Time: 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post

This reads really douchebag-ish looking at it now.. I was just trying to say that Lonesome Crowded West is worthy of checking out if you don't like some of their other material, LeMeL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post

Seriously, LemonMelon, check this one out if you've never heard it before. Their last two albums are mediocre in comparison.
OK, will do. Is This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About worth checking out as well?
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
I didn't like that album enough to even entertain the thought of travelling to see them. It would have been nice to see Marr, though...
I saw 'em open for REM. I was underwhelmed, but it was cool to see Marr.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modest mouse

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com