Modest Mouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is fine. It's impractical anyways when a new album comes out and you're still in a thread titled something like "Modest Mouse: The Moon and Antarctica" or some shit.

I haven't really looked into it, and I know they released a b-sides/loose songs album in '09, but why did it take them so long (7 years minus touring for the '07 album) to release an album of new material?

Cool. I also like Lampshades on Fire, its been getting some radio play here. Really looking forward to this. I cannot believe its been 8 years since their last album.

Where has the fucking time gone??

Well, that clip encouraged me to listen to The Lonesome Crowded West, which I liked surprisingly enough. I say surprisingly because I was very much underwhelmed by The Moon and Antarctica.

His voice is still hard to bear though.

01 Strangers to Ourselves
02 Lampshades on Fire
03 Shit in Your Cut
04 Pistol (A. Cunanan, Miami, FL. 1996)
05 Ansel
06 The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box
07 Coyotes
08 Pups to Dust
09 Sugar Boats
10 Wicked Campaign
11 Be Brave
12 God is an Indian and You're an Asshole
13 The Tortoise and the Tourist
14 The Best Room
15 Of Course We Know

This new song is badazz.

Cobbz, I think the album is still a month away.

I've been going through the whole MM discography and I have to say I like each album a great deal. Great band.

Picked up the new album today, will prob listen tonight. Also gave The Moon and Antarctica a spin. Some very good songs - 3rd Planet, Gravity Rides Everything, The Cold Part, Alone Down There, Lives, Life Like Weeds, definitely something I'll come back to, but Good News For People Who Love Bad News remains my favourite album.

Back
Top Bottom