Modest Mouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surprisingly enjoyable. I didn't have high hopes after the singles. It's nice to see a band like MM not resting on its laurels after almost twenty years going, but continuing to push their boundaries. "Wicked Campaign," in particular sounds like nothing else they've put their name on.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is out as well today? Between this and the new Kendrick I'm sorted for the next few days.

I found it quite uninspiring, at least first up. Lyrically, musically, vocally. Felt like a lot of half-cooked ideas.

On the upside I quite like Lampshades on Fire, Coyotes, Pups to Dust, The Best Room and Of Course We Know, that's a third of the album, so hopefully it grows on me.

Look forward to hearing it tomorrow, I've enjoyed everything they've released from it quite a bit.

News didn't get posted here, but they're claiming they'll release a follow up album extremely soon. Will be interesting to see if / when that happens.

But my god, Pistol is absolutely atrocious. One of the worst songs I've ever heard by a band I like.

Well, in the new rolling stone Issac talks about the amount of pot and booze that was consumed during the sessions.. Pistol sounds like the one track that seemed liked the result of those substances.

But my god, Pistol is absolutely atrocious. One of the worst songs I've ever heard by a band I like.

:up: I had to turn that horrible song off after about a minute. It was like torture trying to get through it.

Anyways, the new album is semi decent, but not something I'll listen to very often. The previous 2 albums are much better, especially Good News For People Who Love Bad News, which is a great album.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hey Modest Mouse, an 8 year wait for this album seems a bit of a stretch. This is certainly not in the same stratosphere as "Good News For People Who Love Bad News" or "The Moon & Antarctica" :doh: What have you guys been doing with time because it isn't reflected in this. Overall, fairly average.

Abbreviated setlist last night since it was a festival, but they were great. Really should have been the headliner. Despite having heard it live prior, I was pretty psyched to get Doin' the Cockroach. That song's become one of my favorites of theirs. They'd changed up the arrangement for Dashboard quite a bit this time, which was cool. Ground Walks was as good live as I'd hoped it would be.

Dashboard
Lampshades On Fire
This Devil's Workday
Doin' the Cockroach
Wicked Campaign
Dark Center of the Universe
Float On
The Ground Walks, With Time in a Box
The Good Times Are Killing Me

Back
Top Bottom