Moby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
This leaked earlier in the week, and it's just fantastic. It harkens back to his earlier dance/techno oriented days, and while some might want to compare it to Play, to me it's a throwback to Everything Is Wrong. It moves along at such a breakneck pace that it's over before you know it.

I've only gone through it once, but I'm loving it so far.

A week or two ago during my commute, I heard a dj on a rock station talking about how Moby had been into their station on the previous day, hung out and appeared on both the afternoon and evening show talking about the new album, among other things. The dj had great things to say about it, and felt that it's destined for a lot of success.

So far, 5 tracks in, it's way more "Play" than "Everything Is Wrong". And I haven't heard anything as fast or techno-y as "Feeling So Real", yet.

But I'm still liking it a lot. After all, "Play" was great. So sounding like "Play" is not a bad thing at all. :wink:

Yeah, I guess it probably is closer to Play, now that I've listened to it thoroughly. Although songs like I See The Stars, with the piano going, make me think of past tunes such as Everytime You Touch Me.

My favorite song by far is the opener, Ooh Yeah.

Hasn't been much publicity for this release in Australia, which is a shame. Will check out the album in the coming weeks.

The album reminds me of Everything Is Wrong in another way - structure. Lots of upbeat, fast songs throughout most of the album, and then it slows down towards the end with some beautiful pieces. Sweet Apocalypse and Mothers Of The Night back to back is fantastic.

FitzChivalry said:
"Feeling So Real"! :drool: :drool:

:combust: :combust: :combust:

Going to have a listen now. :hyper: I didn't even know he had an album coming out until I read a review for it last week (and they only gave it 1/5 stars.).

I know, I was a little surprised/disappointed at that myself.

Listening now :drool: Thanks for the myspace link, Fitz.

Lara Mullen said:

Listening now :drool: Thanks for the myspace link, Fitz.

No problem. You're welcome. :wink:

1 out of 5. That does seem a bit harsh. Perhaps it's not as good as Play because he's not breaking any new ground or territory, and it feels a tad like a Play part II . . . but it's still a solid album start to finish.

What the hell do critics know anyways. :lol:

Wow, that is cool.

So after several weeks now, I'd say the best tracks on this are:

Ooh Yeah
Sweet Apocalypse
The Stars

Disco Lies is probably 4th or so, but those three songs are just :drool:

On Tuesday I started listening to a lot of dance music after visiting the trance thread on here. This type of music is great for this time of year sitting out in the garden in the evening and having a drink. There's been a complete lack of good dance music in recent years :sad: I bought Play. Moby's music is so chilled.

Last Night was good but a little uneven for my tastes - I'm much more a fan of his ambient stuff than his dancy or early punky stuff.

I like both, but lean more toward the ambient stuff as well. Probably why my favorite part of Last Night is the last section, when it quiets down.

Apart from a couple of songs, I really enjoy Last Night, but I'm really looking forward to this new album based on those two songs.

Back
Top Bottom