"Missed it by that much" - Albums that should have ended sooner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On 5ive's Invincible, there were about 55 10-second tracks of silence before the hidden track, Inspector Gadget.

On Robbie Williams' first couple of albums he tacked n pretty decent 'hidden tracks'. On one of the latter ones ('Escapology'?) there is a good 20 minutes of silence and then Robbie's voice just saying 'Nope - not doing one this time'. Genius.

this is a tough one... most of my favourite albums, and indeed i think most universally praised albums have excellent closers.

Here are a couple:

Wilco: Being Born should have ended with The Lonely 1. No need for Dreamer In My Dreams there.

The National: Boxer could have ended with Ada (perhaps with an extended outro).

Oh, here's another one: You Forgot It In People. I really don't see the point of I'm Still Your Fag or Pitter Patter Goes My Heart. Could have ended on Lover's Spit.

Oh, here's another one: You Forgot It In People. I really don't see the point of I'm Still Your Fag or Pitter Patter Goes My Heart. Could have ended on Lover's Spit.

Yeah, I agree with this. Album sputters out badly at the end and it's long enough as it is.

this times about 18 trillion. The former is pretty nice but I never listen to either of those tracks really. I'm sure it was a tongue-in-cheek thing because Lovers Spit is one of those closing tracks that has all the hallmarks of a closer... great, great song but it's like they went to the manual.

You can say the same thing about Forgiveness Rock Record. Me and My Hand is even more pointless than the above two tracks. Water in Hell rules.

I think I agree on Out of Time, even though I love "Me In Honey".

And "Meat Is Murder" is just one of the worst songs I've ever heard, absolutely, sorry those who like it. :(

Back
Top Bottom