Misheard Lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny that this thread popped up because I just yesterday figured out a lyric that I had misheard for two years now. Bloc Party's "Waiting For the 7.18"...

I thought it was - "Let's try to brighten up the weekend"
And I guess the real lyric is - "Let's drive to Brighton on the weekend"

Ehhhh, not that big of a deal but I feel better having screamed, don't you?

okay, i'm not ashamed to admit this one. it's rick astley, the song together forever or whatever.

real lyrics: i want you for the rest of my life
misheard: i'll haunt you for the rest of my life

:creepy:

okay, i'm not ashamed to admit this one. it's rick astley, the song together forever or whatever.

real lyrics: i want you for the rest of my life
misheard: i'll haunt you for the rest of my life

:creepy:

:lol: I'm imagining that in his off-putting baritone voice. I remember when grunge hit, he tried to make a 'comeback' by growing his hair out and getting a little more 'dangerous' with his sound. There was a very sad/funny interview in Canada, where he unveiled all of this, if I recall.

I definitely screwed up multiple Michael Jackson songs! Duran Duran, too.

When I was ultra small, I loved "It's a Heartache," by Bonnie Tyler. I'd roam around the house singing it out loud...complete with a glaring error that had the entire family laughing at me. I'd unknowingly substitute "heartache" with "hard egg."

It's a heartache, nothing but a heartache
Hits you when it's too late, hits you when you're down
It's a fool's game, nothing but a fool's game
Standing in the cold rain, feeling like a clown

I once misheard Mysterious Ways.

Actual lyrics: She moves in mysterious ways.

Misheard lyrics: She moo's in mysterious ways. :lmao:

I always thought Stevie Nicks was singing "just like the one-winged dove" in Go Your Own Way :reject:

I think you mean Edge of Seventeen. :wink: I used to think it was "just like the one window..." :der:

I once misheard Mysterious Ways.

Actual lyrics: She moves in mysterious ways.

Misheard lyrics: She moo's in mysterious ways. :lmao:

Nothing can beat Shamu, the mysterious whale! :up:

Radiohead - Airbag

Actual: "And I'm back to save the universe"
Misheard: "Airbag to save you"

A friend of mine has a story about how she and her best friend puzzled over one line in Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse Of the Heart" back when that song came out.

"... living in a what? And giving off sparks - what's that word? What are they living in?"

They apparently had this conversation for days, trying to figure it out, until finally her older brother walked in and said "It's POWDER KEG, you assholes!"

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom