Mini Island Master List, Part One - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,276
Local Time: 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
vlad's next. highlights were "nevskii prospect" the kino song, although for the most part there wasn't a whole lot i really want to listen to on its own. it did flow well, though. it just all started to blend together. probably the only thing i actively disliked was the saxaphone solo at the end of the b-2.
Ah, thanks. In particular, I'm appreciative of the flow comment as that was probably my main concern going into the competition.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #62
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,786
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I've never in my life seen a glee club with screaming electric guitar.
That's why McKinley High's glee club is better than the rest.
__________________

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pushing my wheel of love.
Posts: 8,797
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Phanan, I'm afraid that I am receiving an error message when I try to extract your playlist. Strange that we are having the same issue with each other's playlist.
__________________
iron yuppie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #64
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,194
Local Time: 05:27 PM
have to admit i had a hard time making it through reggo's list. i'm sure the late* mrbrau would have had a field day with the sausage-fest playlists i come up with, and admittedly there are very few female vocals i do like listening to on a regular basis. so naturally a lot of this is going to be hard to sell me. i couldn't suffer through the entire christina aguilera song, and the scissors sisters' track made me really happy to hear "chain of fools." theme-wise, flow-wise, playlist works very well. song-wise, i am trying to find a better way of saying "oh man (no pun intended), totally not my thing." but honestly, "heartbreaker" sounded positively magical after the nancy sinatra/carrie underwood pair. there were highlights, aside from making me think songs like "heartbreaker" and "chain of fools," which i am ordinarily indifferent toward, were amazing. i kind of dug the last shadow puppets song. and i've read in numerous places around the internet, plus heard people talking about how they cannot seem to escape "rolling in the deep." if it's half as ubiquitous as people seem to say it is, i'm not entirely sure how i've managed to never hear it before this playlist. i suppose that's not true, i guess technically i heard it on whatever glee episode that was, but i don't remember. it was probably one of the songs i fastforwarded through or something. it was ok. it wasn't painful like my chemical romance. and surprisingly enough i don't have as much hate for evanescence as i used to. but that might be because it was sandwiched between mcr and kelly clarkson. i still hate fleetwood mac, but that's completely my own problem (and loss apparently because they're so loved here? i had no idea. always made me want to stick sharpened chopsticks in my ears) and not your playlists. i think rihanna might be everything i despise. is she the umbrella-ella chick? because between that song and "breakin dishes,"...well, see what i said about fleetwood mac. there are other jokes that i could make, but something tells me they'd turn out to be in extremely poor taste--even for my sense of humor. so yeah, like i said, flow-wise, theme-wise, i get what you were doing, and it works. song-wise, there's almost nothing on here i ever need to hear again. well, except for janis joplin, because that song is, of course, awesome. although it makes me wonder, have i ever heard that song without it being coupled with bobby mcgee? i'm not sure. kind of like sgt pepper and with a little help, i don't think i have.

*i know he's not dead, but in internet terms, he might as well be.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #65
A childless dog
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 64,347
Local Time: 02:27 PM
IWB's running diary brought to my attention how many quality songs are on Reggo's list, fwiw.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
have to admit i had a hard time making it through reggo's list. i'm sure the late* mrbrau would have had a field day with the sausage-fest playlists i come up with, and admittedly there are very few female vocals i do like listening to on a regular basis. so naturally a lot of this is going to be hard to sell me. i couldn't suffer through the entire christina aguilera song, and the scissors sisters' track made me really happy to hear "chain of fools." theme-wise, flow-wise, playlist works very well. song-wise, i am trying to find a better way of saying "oh man (no pun intended), totally not my thing." but honestly, "heartbreaker" sounded positively magical after the nancy sinatra/carrie underwood pair. there were highlights, aside from making me think songs like "heartbreaker" and "chain of fools," which i am ordinarily indifferent toward, were amazing. i kind of dug the last shadow puppets song. and i've read in numerous places around the internet, plus heard people talking about how they cannot seem to escape "rolling in the deep." if it's half as ubiquitous as people seem to say it is, i'm not entirely sure how i've managed to never hear it before this playlist. i suppose that's not true, i guess technically i heard it on whatever glee episode that was, but i don't remember. it was probably one of the songs i fastforwarded through or something. it was ok. it wasn't painful like my chemical romance. and surprisingly enough i don't have as much hate for evanescence as i used to. but that might be because it was sandwiched between mcr and kelly clarkson. i still hate fleetwood mac, but that's completely my own problem (and loss apparently because they're so loved here? i had no idea. always made me want to stick sharpened chopsticks in my ears) and not your playlists. i think rihanna might be everything i despise. is she the umbrella-ella chick? because between that song and "breakin dishes,"...well, see what i said about fleetwood mac. there are other jokes that i could make, but something tells me they'd turn out to be in extremely poor taste--even for my sense of humor. so yeah, like i said, flow-wise, theme-wise, i get what you were doing, and it works. song-wise, there's almost nothing on here i ever need to hear again. well, except for janis joplin, because that song is, of course, awesome. although it makes me wonder, have i ever heard that song without it being coupled with bobby mcgee? i'm not sure. kind of like sgt pepper and with a little help, i don't think i have.

*i know he's not dead, but in internet terms, he might as well be.
Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to be everyone's (if anyone's) thing. But thanks for the feedback.
__________________
Reggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #67
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,194
Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post
Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to be everyone's (if anyone's) thing. But thanks for the feedback.
isn't it the rule though that if i like it, no one else does, and if i don't like it, everyone else here loves it?
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
isn't it the rule though that if i like it, no one else does, and if i don't like it, everyone else here loves it?
That may be kind of a generalization, but I see your point. I didn't do it to win, I did it to get my head in the right place.
__________________
Reggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:39 AM   #69
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,194
Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post
That may be kind of a generalization, but I see your point. I didn't do it to win, I did it to get my head in the right place.
ya, and i almost felt like a jerk for hating on it because of that.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #70
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
ya, and i almost felt like a jerk for hating on it because of that.
Don't. I also only submitted this list cause I had nothing else that was more than two or three songs strung together
__________________
Reggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:09 AM   #71
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,194
Local Time: 05:27 PM
well, i said almost. there's nothing that's ever going to make me not despise beyonce.

i should probably finish listening to cobbler's list. i actually enjoyed the first 3 songs so far, even if parts of do the astral plane irritated me a bit, and the whole thing just made me think "rift. astral. bad" which i suppose is a joke that no one other than me is going to laugh at in this thread, but i found it pretty funny. deadmaus was surprisingly pleasant, although i think we went over that in some random music thread about how i don't really despise non-oontsy techno stuff sometimes (and am pretty psyched LM started his list off with "xtal," because that song...er, piece of music...fuck it, i am calling it a song..is badass). and that lcd song is one of 2 or 3 lcd soundsystem songs that don't annoy me, apparently.

but right now i'm a little enamored with xiu xiu again, and can't be bothered at this time.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #72
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 52,769
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Yeah I posted that Deadmau5 song in a random thread a few months ago, and it went over quite well.
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 AM   #73
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,194
Local Time: 05:27 PM
that's probably the one i said i liked then. fuckin a, i gotta start writing this shit down.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 24,930
Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Phanan, I'm afraid that I am receiving an error message when I try to extract your playlist. Strange that we are having the same issue with each other's playlist.
That is weird, seeing as how others have had no issues downloading our playlists.

I'll give it another shot tonight and see how it goes.
__________________
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 04:27 PM
I have an epic headache tonight. But I need to get started with listening, so I'm gonna put iYup's list on low, put on sunlgasses, and chill.
__________________

__________________
Reggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com