Mini Island Master List, Part One - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Oh, IYup, just finished putting the list together, and getting a good look at what was on it, while listening to what may have been the only Stooges song I've ever heard, and I think we can both agree, this is not going to be in my wheelhouse at all, is it? .
Yeah, I guess not. You are more of a post-punk, shoegazey type, right? Thanks for listening, though - glad that you found something to like in there!

Old 08-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:12 PM
For some reason, when I downloaded iyup's playlist, the decompression failed. Did anyone else have this issue?

I had downloaded LM's before Reggo's as the first link she had didn't work, so I'm a little out of order now. LM will be up first.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:12 PM
I hate post-punk . Shoegaze though, . But to peg me down to any one genre of music is pretty hard. You really never can tell what I'm going to like. I guess New Wave is my favorite genre? If I were forced to select one?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
I hate post-punk .
But you like The Cure! I guess that I always saw Bob Smith as our musical nexus, so I just assumed that you are a post-punk fan.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

I always forget they're considered Post-Punk. I always associate the genre with Joy Division, who I just can't seem to enjoy the music of at all, save for a handful of amazing songs. Hate is too harsh a word anyways, there are plenty of post-punk bands I like. perhaps this requires a search through my Rate Your Music ratings!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh man, Reggo, you have some of my biggest guilty pleasures songs on here, and HOLYSHITSOMEONEELSEINTHEWORLDKNOWSUNFORGIVENBYTHEGOGOS.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

Reggo, I'm not sure if I can forgive you for subjecting me to that cover of "Go Your Own Way". When did the songs on Glee stop actually sounding like glee club music, and more just like cheesy covers? I've never in my life seen a glee club with screaming electric guitar.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Long and short of it is: I felt like the flow wasn't so great this time around, but when the comparison is to your last DI list, that's some intense shoes to have to fill, y'know? The song selection was a bit hit or miss, but you got your purpose across very clearly and obviously this was a personal list to you. I did a personal list once myself, and while the rest of the listeners didn't care much for it, I found it very soothing to have the music out there for others to hear and the feelings a bit more out of my system, you know?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #54
The Male

Wait, there was a Glee version on a DI list? I scanned over the track listing and assumed Reggo thought Lindsey Buckingham was a chick and threw the album version on the list; understandable, really.

Point here is:

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh man, Reggo, you have some of my biggest guilty pleasures songs on here, and HOLYSHITSOMEONEELSEINTHEWORLDKNOWSUNFORGIVENBYTHEGOGOS.
I have that whole Go-Go's album, I LOVE it to death.

Quote:
Reggo, I'm not sure if I can forgive you for subjecting me to that cover of "Go Your Own Way". When did the songs on Glee stop actually sounding like glee club music, and more just like cheesy covers? I've never in my life seen a glee club with screaming electric guitar.
...I'm sorry.

Quote:
Long and short of it is: I felt like the flow wasn't so great this time around, but when the comparison is to your last DI list, that's some intense shoes to have to fill, y'know? The song selection was a bit hit or miss, but you got your purpose across very clearly and obviously this was a personal list to you. I did a personal list once myself, and while the rest of the listeners didn't care much for it, I found it very soothing to have the music out there for others to hear and the feelings a bit more out of my system, you know?
Thanks, Ashley. Yeah, I set the bar pretty high for myself last time, lol. Sorry for not living up to that, I guess? Glad you enjoyed it, though.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Wait, there was a Glee version on a DI list? I scanned over the track listing and assumed Reggo thought Lindsey Buckingham was a chick and threw the album version on the list; understandable, really.

Point here is:
Friggin' Traviud.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #57
Blue Crack Distributor

No need to apologize for your list, it's just fine
Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:12 PM
vlad's next. highlights were "nevskii prospect" the kino song, although for the most part there wasn't a whole lot i really want to listen to on its own. it did flow well, though. it just all started to blend together. probably the only thing i actively disliked was the saxaphone solo at the end of the b-2.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Wait, there was a Glee version on a DI list?

ah well, you guys don't expect anything GOOD from me, anyway.

i also seem to have forgotten the whole desert island part of this, since i wouldn't be too heartbroken if i had certain other songs over the ones on my list for this particular game. 1) shit i like 2) that goes well with other shit i like 2a) or maybe doesn't but for some twisted reason does in my mind 3) and then somewhere lower on the priority list is stuff i'd be really upset if i got stuck somewhere and could only listen to a select handful of tunes again.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

I used to try really hard to keep the DI concept in mind, but with the no repetition thing, I already did the best I could in a "music I have to have with me" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
the only thing i actively disliked was the saxaphone solo