Mini Island Master List, Part One - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2011, 04:23 AM   #31
45:33

Local Time: 04:39 PM
If you enjoyed that track vlad (and there's one on my list too) I think you'd take to the album. It's remarkable.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 AM   #32
The Male

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Two listens so far, one from someone well versed in ambient/electronic music and one from someone who hadn't delved into it at all and the reactions in both cases are really positive? I'm thrilled; that's exactly the sort of response I was looking for. Thanks for listening, guys.

Glad you dug the Aphex Twin track, Vlad. LISTEN TO THAT SHIT, COBBLER.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 AM   #33

I got halfway through it the other day and was loving it until the jack to jack cord that goes into my aux hole shit itself.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
If you enjoyed that track vlad (and there's one on my list too) I think you'd take to the album. It's remarkable.
I think I might sometime soon! Suppose my friend was right in bugging me to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Two listens so far, one from someone well versed in ambient/electronic music and one from someone who hadn't delved into it at all and the reactions in both cases are really positive? I'm thrilled; that's exactly the sort of response I was looking for. Thanks for listening, guys.
Ha, no problem!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:39 AM
My listening commences on Monday...
Old 07-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #36

Downloading MelonLemon and LastExitToSpringfield's lists as we speakos. Reggo your list has disappeared.

I just figured out why mofo doesn't participate in this comps either... technically we're illegally downloading.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:39 PM
I re-sent the link to everyone. If it doesn't work, shove it up your aux hole I'll redo the damn thing and shoot the hosting site in the face.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #38
Refugee

Just got through iron yuppie's list.

The blues isn't a genre I really listen to that much, but I do appreciate it when I hear it. I loved the selection that combined classic and current. Opening with "Dirt" was an excellent choice that seemed to slither the playlist to life. The transition between Hendrix and Springsteen was a little rough, mainly cause "Tom Joad" is such a dark change in mood and tempo.

The inclusion of "Personal Jesus" was excellent. If you saw Depeche Mode on the last tour, they stripped back the intro to just the guitar, really bringing out those bluesy qualities to it. Of course, ending with "When the Levee Breaks" was great. Once that drumbeat comes in, you can't help but rock out.

Awesome start to this Mini DI. Next up is Reggo!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #39
Refugee

My thoughts on Reggo's list:

I felt this struck a perfect balance between both theme and individual song presence. The last DI list, Gloria Grey, worked excellently together. But I probably wouldn't listen to most of those tracks by themselves.

This time, the emotional theme and flow was still consistent and the songs could stand on their own. Scissor Sisters to Janis Joplin was a really strong showing. Carrie Underwood and Led Zeppelin somehow worked wonders next to each other. "Unforgiven" was a nice little discovery for me as well. The only complaint I have is the Rihanna track didn't make for a memorable closer. Loved the rest!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey788 View Post
My thoughts on Reggo's list:

I felt this struck a perfect balance between both theme and individual song presence. The last DI list, Gloria Grey, worked excellently together. But I probably wouldn't listen to most of those tracks by themselves.

This time, the emotional theme and flow was still consistent and the songs could stand on their own. Scissor Sisters to Janis Joplin was a really strong showing. Carrie Underwood and Led Zeppelin somehow worked wonders next to each other. "Unforgiven" was a nice little discovery for me as well. The only complaint I have is the Rihanna track didn't make for a memorable closer. Loved the rest!
Thanks, Joey. I almost opened with Scissor Sisters and moved Christina to after Rihanna, but "Kiss You Off" fades in kind of weird, so I thought it needed another song before it. Glad you enjoyed it, though.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:39 AM
phanan's list up first:

the title did much to make me pretty psyched about this, plus i know phan is a wiz when it comes to the art of playlist-making. i'm not sure why initially scrolling through the titles i thought this list was going to kick my ass in some kind of unabashed rock n roll dervish of destruction. i'm not sure at all why i thought that. that might be more a testament to the fact that i really only knew half the songs on it before listening. songs like "no matter what" and "stop, stop, stop" (both highlights) sounded so much more subdued to me than they have in the past. maybe it's context, or maybe i had it wrong. i don't know where certain preconcieved notions regarding this list exactly came from, but it doesn't matter anyway. this is prettyperfect summer daytime driving music. it rocks, but in a lighter, airy, happier kind of way that i enjoyed quite a bit (except for bob seger. i hate bob seger).

random other thoughts: i enjoyed that sweet song probably more than i should. heh, katrina and the waves had a song other than "walking on sunshine"? ( ).
one of my favorite jesus and mary chain songs is here. and i thought i was supposed to hate the knack, but i did dig that song. the replacements/x worked great back to back.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

Sorry for the delay. I'm one of those...delay fish. Anyways, listening to iYup's now.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, IYup, just finished putting the list together, and getting a good look at what was on it, while listening to what may have been the only Stooges song I've ever heard, and I think we can both agree, this is not going to be in my wheelhouse at all, is it? .

Though I do love this Stones song.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

And that will complete my first Mini DI listen of this competition .

I enjoyed it well enough, IYup, as much as I do enjoy some of that music, and not so much others >_>. It flowed well, and I thought the song selections were mostly great. I'm pretty sure the only song I outright disliked was the Stooges one, so I'll probably just continue to avoid them at all costs.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

Ah, Reggo, it would appear that you are next.